19 Firefighters lost in Arizona Fire

pam

I am surprised there werent more than one. They were all so young from what I have seen, leaving young families alone. :(

I've been following this story. The odds against these men were terrible. Experts in the field have said that the fire proof tents some of them managed to utilize seconds before becoming engulfed in smoke and flames, is a last resort option and gives the user a 50/50 chance of survival. From what I understand, some of those firefighters did not make it underneath their tents in time, and even for those that did, it wasn't enough to save them. This is such a big loss.

This is just so tragic. My thoughts and prayers are with their families.

Prior to this incident, I was under the impression that the fire proof tents could do more than what they actually can. It makes me appreciate all the fire fighters so much more. They truly put their lives on the line every time they go out and fight these fires.

This is just so tragic. My thoughts and prayers are with their families.

Prior to this incident, I was under the impression that the fire proof tents could do more than what they actually can. It makes me appreciate all the fire fighters so much more. They truly put their lives on the line every time they go out and fight these fires.

A friend who was a fire chief once said the tents really just give you some privacy for your last prayer. I suspect the 50/50 chance claim is fairly optimistic.

A friend who was a fire chief once said the tents really just give you some privacy for your last prayer. I suspect the 50/50 chance claim is fairly optimistic.

Depends on the fire.. the bigger and more intense ones, not so much.

May they Rest in Peace.