Lakumi's Journey pt 1

Lakumi

Well it will soon be official (though I have not set a date proper yet, at the end of the month that will come up) that I, Lakumi, will be a part of the LDS church.

So hey that little blurb won't say 'other' soon...

A part of me is glad I have made a decision I feel is right, I felt I needed to take a step in some sort of direction in my life.

And I hope this is the right one, I have a good, positive feeling about all this.

I best prepare a celebration cake recipe for afterwards. (pt 2 will chronicle the days leading up, and the day itself)

Congrats Lakumi! I suppose it's time to initiate you into the ways of things then.

Mormon Brony DeviantArt Group Page

Latter-day Bronies Facebook Group

(No, Mormons don't understand bronies any more than any other group of people. But at least you're not alone here.)

Seriously LM? Must you encourage? :P

they were, I have some of them too

oh, btw, to any of you other converts, did you ever have any fears or whatnot about converting, I feel sort of afraid to go anymore, and I guess need a few encouraging words :S

I haven't converted yet, but I am close to it. My aim is to get baptized by October or November (December is too far now). I am introverted, so I don't really like to talk a lot, but you know, the LDS are nice, compassionate, and family oriented people. Also, the church has a strong record of helping others in need. For example, the floods in Alberta caused great devastation, and many Albertans became homeless. And you know who helped? Some LDS missionaries. I read this in an article, and I can't find it right now, but I'll look for it. But the author looked around, and said the only helpers he could see were LDS. What I am trying to say is, don't be afraid or nervous. The LDS Church is a big family (almost 15 million strong), and will not judge you or make fun of you because your talk or whatever didn't go well. Plus, your baptism will be a big occasion, and people will be happy for you. So, don't worry, be happy. :P

At least that's the way I see it. :)

Well it will soon be official (though I have not set a date proper yet, at the end of the month that will come up) that I, Lakumi, will be a part of the LDS church.

So hey that little blurb won't say 'other' soon...

A part of me is glad I have made a decision I feel is right, I felt I needed to take a step in some sort of direction in my life.

And I hope this is the right one, I have a good, positive feeling about all this.

I best prepare a celebration cake recipe for afterwards. (pt 2 will chronicle the days leading up, and the day itself)

Grats! :D