Let Heat Things Up!

Winnie G

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<div class='quotemain'>

I used to like Rosie. :blink:

I did too when she had her own show but once she went all political she's just a total nut job!

She idealizes one of my favorite female singers Barbara Streisand who is also a political nut job. I paid a lot of money to see her in Vegas in November. Now I have seen her in concert I never need to see her again. I love her music and some of her films but I can do without her opinions. I didn't pay to hear her opinions. ^_^^_^

I am really not a fan of Rosie, but I find this to be a good moment for her. I would agree that democracy is being circumvented in this country at many levels by many parties. I further believe that corporate and even governmental abuses of power designed to magnify the wealth of the debuached upper-class are saturating the globe in violence and misery in the most subtle manner ever. Rosie may be a kook, but like everyone else, she can't be 100% evil.

Anyone see Street Fight? This is a great documentary about a corrupt Newark, NJ mayor and a candidate that is seeking to replace him and his tyranny. I can say that my own local government is full of subversive perpetrators who seek to enrich each other by utilizing city planning and developement projects to move business, construction, and land use profits into the hands of the beneficiaries of these not-so clandestine and all-to-often blatant misdeeds against the ever increasingly taxed citizens. Even the tax-cuts and amnesty offerings touted by our politicians are designed to be exlusive to the upper-class.

Example: My business partner just bought a $300,000 loft downtown and will pay NOTHING in property taxes for 25 years as part of a re-developement incentive designed to enliven our bloodless downtown. However, if you want to buy the $35,000 wreck of a house a block away and refurbish it, you will pay property taxes through the nose. The poor bare the burdens while the rich reap the benefits.

-a-train

Tower seven was admittedly brought down with explosives due to excessive damage. I saw television interviews where officials were forthcoming with the fact that they brought the building down due to safety issues. I have heard conspiracy theorists claim that preparations for such would have taken too long and that explosive outfitting would have to have been underway days before 9/11. They point to this as evidence of conspiracy.

-a-train

Do any of you know what this tower 7 9/11 stuff is all about???

It's a conspiracy theory.

CLAIM: Seven hours after the two towers fell, the 47-story WTC 7 collapsed. According to 911review.org: "The video clearly shows that it was not a collapse subsequent to a fire, but rather a controlled demolition: amongst the Internet investigators, the jury is in on this one."

FACT: Many conspiracy theorists point to FEMA's preliminary report, which said there was relatively light damage to WTC 7 prior to its collapse. With the benefit of more time and resources, NIST researchers now support the working hypothesis that WTC 7 was far more compromised by falling debris than the FEMA report indicated. "The most important thing we found was that there was, in fact, physical damage to the south face of building 7," NIST's Sunder tells PM. "On about a third of the face to the center and to the bottom--approximately 10 stories--about 25 percent of the depth of the building was scooped out." NIST also discovered previously undocumented damage to WTC 7's upper stories and its southwest corner.

NIST investigators believe a combination of intense fire and severe structural damage contributed to the collapse, though assigning the exact proportion requires more research. But NIST's analysis suggests the fall of WTC 7 was an example of "progressive collapse," a process in which the failure of parts of a structure ultimately creates strains that cause the entire building to come down. Videos of the fall of WTC 7 show cracks, or "kinks," in the building's facade just before the two penthouses disappeared into the structure, one after the other. The entire building fell in on itself, with the slumping east side of the structure pulling down the west side in a diagonal collapse.

According to NIST, there was one primary reason for the building's failure: In an unusual design, the columns near the visible kinks were carrying exceptionally large loads, roughly 2000 sq. ft. of floor area for each floor. "What our preliminary analysis has shown is that if you take out just one column on one of the lower floors," Sunder notes, "it could cause a vertical progression of collapse so that the entire section comes down."

There are two other possible contributing factors still under investigation: First, trusses on the fifth and seventh floors were designed to transfer loads from one set of columns to another. With columns on the south face apparently damaged, high stresses would likely have been communicated to columns on the building's other faces, thereby exceeding their load-bearing capacities.

Second, a fifth-floor fire burned for up to 7 hours. "There was no firefighting in WTC 7," Sunder says. Investigators believe the fire was fed by tanks of diesel fuel that many tenants used to run emergency generators. Most tanks throughout the building were fairly small, but a generator on the fifth floor was connected to a large tank in the basement via a pressurized line. Says Sunder: "Our current working hypothesis is that this pressurized line was supplying fuel [to the fire] for a long period of time."

WTC 7 might have withstood the physical damage it received, or the fire that burned for hours, but those combined factors--along with the building's unusual construction--were enough to set off the chain-reaction collapse.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology...842.html?page=5

One of the conspiracy theorists major claims hangs on an interview that was done by (can't remember his name) who was president of a wrecking company.

He said something to the effect that the decision was made to "pull" the building. (meaning the decision was made to pull it down).

Now, my opinion, and this is just my opinion, is that since he is a demolition contractor he's using a term that he uses every day. He was discussing a building that was damaged beyond structural repair, so yes it is possible that the building was SO far gone that it was a further hazard to human life so they could have pulled it intentionally OR it could have just fallen down on his own and he used the term PULL to mean that they decided to just let it burn it's-self to the ground.

The reason I mention that it's an expression he uses every day of his life is because I often find myself adding semicolons to the end of sentence's or phrasing my replies as "If-Then" statements (as I'm sure every programmer out there can sympathize);. Sometimes the terminology we use on a daily basis can encroach on our everyday speak without our even realizing it and especially in times of stress.

Who knows?

<div class='quotemain'>

I think she is funny always have, she speaks her mind and I admire that.

if she was not guy she would be my freand,

Did she have a sex change or something?

Just checked out the first video and she does look like a man, who is she/he?

She is open about her lifestyle her girlfriends name is Kelly I believe. B)

<div class='quotemain'>

I think she is funny always have, she speaks her mind and I admire that.

if she was not guy she would be my freand,

Did she have a sex change or something?

Just checked out the first video and she does look like a man, who is she/he?

I think Winnie meant to type 'g-a-y', instead of 'g-u-y'.

Elizabeth rocks. She is the only level headed person there.

The hard part with dealing with a left wing nut like Rosie is that they can make up a lie in one second but somehow it is the people on the right side who have to spend their time proving the lie is wrong which can take a life time.

Elizabeth rocks. She is the only level headed person there.

The hard part with dealing with a left wing nut like Rosie is that they can make up a lie in one second but somehow it is the people on the right side who have to spend their time proving the lie is wrong which can take a life time.

Oh my goodness YOU think Elizabeth is the only level headed person on "The View"?? Holy Hannah you've got to be kidding?? lol... Rosie,Joy and Barbra rock!!!!!! :)