Facebook Fun

Lakumi

How do you have fun on facebook?

Often times I find it extremely boring, but I try to have a few things... I like to keep things random, and interesting (to me). I don't share meaningless thoughts like;

"my day was so long, sigh" (or anything with those # things)

no I keep it more like

"I swear the moon is talking to me! It sounds like Tim Curry!!"

I don't like to get into debates with people, I find if its not in person people just break down into personal attacks really quickly. As such I never post scripture to my wall, knowing many atheists that's just not a good idea... I have people I have stimulating talks about religion to. No, I like to post fake scripture (stuff I made up- made up completely, most people have no idea, as long as it sounds roughly old English and has the little number thing and a name there, people more often then not think it's from something) It came about when I was trying to think of creative ways to market one of my novels.

I like to test people...Someone said that was trolling.

I did catch an atheist saying something I took from the Book of Mormon sounded good -Nephi 9:30)

I ought to get a picture of that one

second my facebook is for a doll (seen here attacking a toy- her name is Clover, would have thought it would be Lakumi, considering she is the doll I am named after here but... nope)

Posted Image

so that cuts down on a lot of unwanted friend request (family, fellow employees, etc)

I have more stories but I ought to let someone else have a turn...:P

I don't like to mess around with people for fun (or "troll" as you said). Life has enough drama without inviting more. When I do get into heated discussions, I always regret it, so mostly I avoid them.

I play some of the games and keep in touch with people. I do use it to bear testimony of meaningful things in my life when I feel like it's a good idea. If I have something funny to share I like doing that, too.

We're using it as a "free" communication method between the US and the Philippines and Australia and the UK and UAE and all the smattering of little places my relatives are all scattered into.

But for fun, there's Farmville.

none of my friends had ideas for my miniature wild west town (it coincides with a wild west miniature game I play)

gotta make a store, a bank, a church... donno what kind of church...

which ones were around in the wild west...

How about this one?

Posted Image

Guest scottzux

Self deprecation. I like it. I used to belong to forums and was an admin on a couple, but I eventually got bored. For a long while; it was lots of fun. I am hoping that here, with the extra added depth of spiritual discussion, I won't get bored.

I tried the facebook games, got hooked, wasted a heap of time, realised my error and ditched the games.

Now I use it for more sensible purposes - correcting people with opposing views, presenting radical political viewpoints, denying climate change and vaccinations, reading funny meme's, bragging about going to the gym etc. Ok, not really, but it seems that is all my friends do!

I now use it for family contact (we are currently organising Aunt's funeral), arranging holidays (just back from a huge group holiday that was effortless due to easy communication), just arranged a birthday party for a lady at church and mostly managed to co-ordinate the food bought, sharing family photos is great too.

I love facebook as I am terrible at talking on the phone and live too far away for face to face contact.