Mitt Romney Updates

CrimsonKairos

I get emails from Team Mitt, and here's somethings you might wanna look out for.

May 2 - Mitt on Jay Leno (this oughta' be great, lol)

May 3 - Presidential Debate at some library (see mittromney.com for details)

May 15 - Fox hosts GOP Presidential debate (again, see above for details)

Should be interesting to see how things unfold...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard a lot of people on here talking about Mitt Romney, so i'm just curious. For all of you who are followers of Romney, are you voting for him just because he's LDS? I haven't made up my mind about any of the candidates. I'll vote for the right person, be it Romney or anyone else. I won't be voting for anyone just because they are affiliated with the same religion as I am.

It helps that Romney's LDS as I know some shared values we have in common, but no, I'm not supporting him just because he's LDS.

Heck, Harry Reid is LDS and I think his politics are wacko!

It's not the creed, it's the philosphy I'm supporting. Go Mitt! I heard a recent poll in New Hampshire showed Mitt in #1 with Giuliani and McCain trailing in 2nd and 3rd. All the media outlets were unanimous in declaring Mitt the winner of the first GOP debate May 3rd. I think he's getting some good momentum built up.

And yeah, Ben, uh rah! B)

I've heard a lot of people on here talking about Mitt Romney, so i'm just curious. For all of you who are followers of Romney, are you voting for him just because he's LDS? I haven't made up my mind about any of the candidates. I'll vote for the right person, be it Romney or anyone else. I won't be voting for anyone just because they are affiliated with the same religion as I am.

Nah...I wouldn't vote for just because he's LDS. :ph34r:

On NPR the other day, an analyst reported that Mr. Romney has a distinct advantage. He thinks Mitt has a huge financial lead and will be the only one to drop $25 million in advertizing at key times because of what he has amassed.

Anybody catch the hoopla excited by Al Sharpton's "interesting" comment about Mitt?

Seems Mitt is being very gracious and giving Sharpton room to back up and take back what he said, but man, if anyone said that about a Jew or a Buddhist instead of a Mormon, the media would be all over it.

I will be voting for Mitt Romney because he is not so much a politician than a successful businessman. Same reasons I voted for Reagan. For me a good politician is not one who knows it all or thinks he knows it all but one who can bring in a team, as Reagan did, and run government like a well run business and not like an entitlement program.

Ben Raines

I think the LDS people are even more afraid to vote for a mormon than for someone else. At least, I am. If he turns out to earn a similar score in the realm of public opinion as Bush Jr., the LDS missionaries and membership could endure ridicule and scorn for decades for something they cannot control.

Still, I believe no press is bad press. Let his candidacy continue to fuel awareness of the LDS movement. I am one of those few who believe that even anti-mormonism itself ultimately brings men to conversion.

-a-train

Anybody catch the hoopla excited by Al Sharpton's "interesting" comment about Mitt?

Seems Mitt is being very gracious and giving Sharpton room to back up and take back what he said, but man, if anyone said that about a Jew or a Buddhist instead of a Mormon, the media would be all over it.

No, if Sharpton said it about a Jew the press would leave him alone.

I think the LDS people are even more afraid to vote for a mormon than for someone else. At least, I am. If he turns out to earn a similar score in the realm of public opinion as Bush Jr., the LDS missionaries and membership could endure ridicule and scorn for decades for something they cannot control.

Still, I believe no press is bad press. Let his candidacy continue to fuel awareness of the LDS movement. I am one of those few who believe that even anti-mormonism itself ultimately brings men to conversion.

-a-train

I doubt that. Dirty Harry Reid is a Mormon and even with all his corruption I doubt it has hurt the church.

Guest mamacat

Romney says his faith's past is troubling

Calls practice of polygamy 'awful'

Reuters | May 12, 2007

BOSTON -- Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney said his Mormon religious faith's history of polygamy could trouble American voters and that he, too, is bothered by it.

The former Massachusetts governor, whose great-grandfather had five wives and whose great-great-grandfather had a dozen, said in an interview to be broadcast tomorrow that the practice banned by the Mormon church in 1890 was "awful."

"That's part of the history of the church's past that I understand is troubling to people," he said, according to comments to be aired on CBS's "60 Minutes."

"I have a great-great grandfather. They were trying to build a generation out there in the desert and so he took additional wives as he was told to do. And I must admit, I can't imagine anything more awful than polygamy," he said.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints distances itself from 30,000 to 60,000 breakaway Mormons in Utah and nearby states who practice polygamy illegally, as well as the many excommunicated Mormons in polygamous marriages.

"What's at the heart of my faith is a belief that there's a creator, that we're all children of the same God, and that fundamentally the relationship you have with your spouse is important and eternal," Romney said over the course of two interviews, one of which was taped at his vacation home in Wolfeboro, N.H.

In the interviews, Romney also defended his opposition to gay marriage by citing the Scriptures.

"This isn't just some temporary convenience here on Earth, but we're people that are designed to live together as male and female and we're gonna have families," he told interviewer Mike Wallace, according to an excerpt CBS released yesterday. "And that, there's a great line in the Bible that children are an inheritance of the Lord and happy is he who has or hath his quiver full of them."

Meanwhile, Romney, who made his fortune as a management consultant, is expected to report financial assets of $190 million to $250 million, an adviser said yesterday. Romney's assets have been held in a blind trust that he and his wife set up when he took office in 2002.

The adviser who provided the estimate of his assets cautioned that the number is based on 2005 and 2006 financial activity and could amount to a bigger total once the disclosure report is filed later this year.

The adviser spoke on condition of anonymity because the totals have not been officially released. The deadline for filing financial disclosures is Tuesday, but Romney obtained an extension.

Romney also has a blind trust for his children and grandchildren that is estimated to hold assets of $70 million to $100 million.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles...t_is_troubling/

Oh thank you Mitt on behalf of all the anti-Mormons and the people in the church who may have some questions about the entire issue of polygamy.

Thank you for making my choice for John McCain so much easier!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me a break, I know that the thirst for power can cause one to try to distance themselves from their past. Yet instead of making polygamy sound so awful (guess being from Massachusettes the idea of two men getting married isn't quite as bad as what one's ancestors did with the inspiration of God as well as actually getting your sorry ___ down on this planet in a body in the frst place) he could merely have said that he sure wouldn't want to practice it or that the Church doesn't endorse it in the same manner as in the 1800s. But no, what he said was a much better soundbite. You know I miss Orrin Hatch being the highest profile Republican politician in this country. Now we have Mitt flip flopper Romney and Dirty Harry Reid (Democrat) being in the spotlight for our church. Wow!

He probably meant he can't imagine having to have more than one wife...that it's that which was awful, not that he questioned whether the practice came at the command of God.

Who knows? Only anti-mormons will notice it, voters won't care when the politics take center stage.

I agree with Mitt that it was awful! There is a reason anyone who trys to practice it today is excumunicated! It has NOTHING to do with US laws as the Church is world wide and in places where you can have multiple wives, it is still grounds for excomunication.

Multiple wives has gone the way of killing goats on an alter and other things that were condoned in the old days but with the fullness of the truth we now know better.

Mitt is absoultly right.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mamacat

Mitt's favorite music ~

Roy Orbison, The Beatles, The Eagles, The Kingston Trio, Alan Jackson, Toby Keith, Brooks & Dunn, George Strait, Clint Black, and Garth Brooks

favorite books ~

Huckleberry Finn – Mark Twain

What It Takes – Richard Ben Cramer

Theodore Rex – Edmund Morris

The World Is Flat – Thomas Friedman

1776 – David McCullough

The Battle For Peace –Tony Zinni and Tony Koltz

The Business Of Winning – Robert Evangelista

http://www.myspace.com/mittromney

Posted Image

Mitt and Ann