Mitt Romney Updates

CrimsonKairos

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

Somehow It takes me back to the time when the Iranian revolution ended, and the islamists took power and started a new dictatorship. America Put Saddam in power in Iraq so he would Invade Iran now when the entire military command had been executed. America worked with the Arabs to attack Iran.

The U.S. did not put Saddam in power.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam_Hussein

Yes they did, It was direct after the islamist took power. He had a political carrier before.

They didnt invade and put him in power they did it by using intelligence, The CIA is very effective.

look here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Mossadegh They did the same thing there but puting someone out of power.

Dates, names and facts please.

I am uninterested in another situation - we are talking about Iraq.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point was that I don't see him as any more conservative or articulate than some of the current presidential candidates. The media is hyping him up when there's nothing to justify such attention. It's a liberal tactic to draw attention away from republican candidates who could actually beat Hillary in the general elections.

Now, if I were the cynical type, I'd say that your painting Thompson as nothing more than a weak vote-stealer being pumped by the liberal media, is a Romney tactic to dismiss his most threatening idealogically similar competitor.

Romney and Thompson are the two main contenders for the conservative mantle. B)

Of course, I'm not the cynical sort. :ph34r:

Guest the_big_picture

Dates, names and facts please.

I am uninterested in another situation - we are talking about Iraq.

No we are talking about Mitt Romney, and I referd to his stance against Iran. "working with arabs", and "military strike on the table",

big_picture, that's lame. You totally asserted that America put Saddam in power to invade Iran. If you can't back it up, it's okay to say, "Whoops, I was mistaken."

PC, if Thompson is more conservative or more to the point, if he is better suited to lead America, I'll vote for him instead of Romney. I just don't see anything right now that justifies the media buzz. If Fred gets in on the debates and whatnot, maybe I'll change my tune.

PC, if Thompson is more conservative or more to the point, if he is better suited to lead America, I'll vote for him instead of Romney. I just don't see anything right now that justifies the media buzz. If Fred gets in on the debates and whatnot, maybe I'll change my tune.

I think Thompson will win (if he runs) and he should pick Romney as his running mate. I think that Thompson has more personality than Romney. Give Romney time to learn under Thompson and in 2 terms he'll be president. But I'm from Canada, so take it for what it's worth.

Poll: Romney surges ahead in New HampshirePosted Image Romney holds an eight percentage point lead over McCain and Giuliani in New Hampshire, according to a new CNN/WMUR poll.

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney has jumped to the head of the pack of 2008 Republican presidential contenders in New Hampshire, according to a CNN/WMUR poll out Tuesday.

Romney shot past former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani and Sen. John McCain of Arizona in the latest poll, conducted Wednesday through Monday by the University of New Hampshire. Former Tennessee senator and “Law and Order” star Fred Thompson runs fourth after taking his first steps toward a campaign, the survey found. (Read full poll results [PDF])

Pollsters interviewed 304 New Hampshire residents who say they will vote in January’s Republican primary, the first in the nation. The survey had a sampling error of 5.5 percentage points.

Romney, who led New Hampshire’s southern neighbor from 2003 to 2007, drew 28 percent support in the new poll. Giuliani and McCain were tied for second at 20 percent, while 11 percent backed Thompson, who set up a campaign fundraising committee June 1.

The remainder of the GOP’s presidential contenders were in the low single digits. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who has said he will decide whether to run in the fall, scored 4 percent; Texas congressman Ron Paul, the lone voice of opposition to the war in Iraq among Republican candidates, came in at 3 percent; Sen. Sam Brownback of Kansas and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee were at 2 percent; and Colorado U.S. Rep. Tom Tancredo rated less than 1 percent.

None of those polled chose California congressman Duncan Hunter, former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore or former Wisconsin governor and Health and Human Services Secretary

14. (REPUBLICAN PRIMARY VOTERS ONLY:) Have you definitely decided who you will vote

for in the New Hampshire primary, are you leaning toward someone, or do you have no idea who

you’ll vote for?

June

Definitely decided 6%

Leaning toward someone 37%

No idea who you'll vote for 57%

That ever so minor detail, makes this poll appear to be nothing more then an exercise in futility.