Music

ldsrebel

Guest Yediyd

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

I like alot of music.....I still cannot stand Country music..... :wow:

PALE!!!!!!!! :wow: !!!! be still, my heart!!!!!!! I LOVE country!!!!!!!! :sparklygrin:

You know what happens when you play a country song backwards don't you?

You get your dog back, you truck gets fixed, and your wife comes home :wow::wow::wow:

And I never even MISSED her!! LOL

PS...I'm a she

Mostly 60's and 70's rock and psychadelic stuff, such as Pink Floyd, Genesis, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Velvet Underground...

Some 80's 90's soft metal and grunge...

Some country stuff, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Glen Campbell.

Some 60's folk, folk-rock, Dylan, The Byrds, Joan Baez.

Glam Rock...David Bowie, Marc Bolan..T Rex,

70's Punk...Sex Pistols, The Clash, Buzzcocks

Reggae...Bob Marley.

Plus bits and pieces from other eras/genres! I hate MC's tho!!! :(

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

PALE!!!!!!!! :wow: !!!! be still, my heart!!!!!!! I LOVE country!!!!!!!! :sparklygrin:

You get your dog back, you truck gets fixed, and your wife comes home :wow::wow::wow:

PS...I'm a she

It was a general response, although these days you never know :doh:

Guest Yediyd

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

PS...I'm a she

It was a general response, although these days you never know :doh:

I know...LOL :P

Q. How many country singers does it take to change a lightbulb?

A. Three; one to change the bulb, and two to write a song about the old one... ^_^ (I used to live in Nashville)

<div class='quotemain'>

Q. How many country singers does it take to change a lightbulb?

A. Three; one to change the bulb, and two to write a song about the old one... ^_^ (I used to live in Nashville)

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

Let me toss in some spiritual baggage here. I grew up being warned about "secular music." Of course, the main target was rock & roll, heavy metal, punk music, and similar genres. The lyrics were said to encourage immorality--especially rebellion.

My church was probably over-protective of its youth, but I never fully dismissed the bottom line message: garbage in, garbage out.

To this day, I prefer religious music, particularly contemporary Christian praise and worship music. Even some of the Christian pop sometimes seems trite to me.

I do not condemn or even discourage those believers who enjoy some non-religious music. The closest I've come to enjoying it, are our trips to Branson, where every concert starts with a patriotic song, and ends with a gospel one.

I guess when it comes to music I'm something of a dork! :-)

Too close to home for you? :P

Let me toss in some spiritual baggage here. I grew up being warned about "secular music." Of course, the main target was rock & roll, heavy metal, punk music, and similar genres. The lyrics were said to encourage immorality--especially rebellion.

My church was probably over-protective of its youth, but I never fully dismissed the bottom line message: garbage in, garbage out.

To this day, I prefer religious music, particularly contemporary Christian praise and worship music. Even some of the Christian pop sometimes seems trite to me.

I do not condemn or even discourage those believers who enjoy some non-religious music. The closest I've come to enjoying it, are our trips to Branson, where every concert starts with a patriotic song, and ends with a gospel one.

I guess when it comes to music I'm something of a dork! :-)

Rock is good, you just have to find the right groups. Same w/ punk.

Alot of the christian rock and punk is good.

Like Hawk Nelson and Krystal Meyers.

Krystal Meyers even has a song on premarital sex. (Anti of course!)

Your a cool dork. :)

Guest Brother Simon

Like some others in this thread, I like a lot of music. If it serves a purpose I'll generally be able to listen to it and like it. This includes music of all genres and artists.

I have gone through many music phases of my life, but right now I think I've reached a happy center. Sister Hazel is my favorite band. I also love a lot of classical music.

Pax et bonum,

Simon

Music attained perfection in the 80's

I could not agree with you more on the music comment!

Music did attain perfection in the 80's with groups like Aerosmith, Def Leppard, Bryan Adams, Foreigner, Journey, AC/DC, UB40, Squeeze, Billy Squire, INXS, Huey Lewis, Pat Benitar, Heart and (saving the best for last...) BON JOVI

Other music I enjoy:

Bands from the 70's: Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, Steve Miller Band, and the Doobie Brothers.

Jazz: Sarah Vaughn

Country: Martina McBride, Don Williams, Emmylou Harris, Alan Jackson, and Wynona

New Age: Yanni and David Lanz

Musical Soundtracks: Phantom of the Opera, Aida, Rent and Wicked

and from more recent years: Maroon 5 and Norah Jones

too bad fashion didn't. What were we thinking?

As for this comment, we were thinking we were tres cool, and who wouldn't feel cool while wearing neon colors, parachute pants, fingerless lace gloves, leg warmers, jelly shoes, mesh shirts, stirrup pants, sweater vests over shirts, zipper ankle jeans, rubber bracelets, friendship bracelets, off the shoulder shirts, sweaters tied around the waist, swatches and don't forget, swatch protectors???

<div class='quotemain'>

Music attained perfection in the 80's

I could not agree with you more on the music comment!

Music did attain perfection in the 80's with groups like Aerosmith, Def Leppard, Bryan Adams, Foreigner, Journey, AC/DC, UB40, Squeeze, Billy Squire, INXS, Huey Lewis, Pat Benitar, Heart and (saving the best for last...) BON JOVI

Other music I enjoy:

Bands from the 70's: Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, Steve Miller Band, and the Doobie Brothers.

Jazz: Sarah Vaughn

Country: Martina McBride, Don Williams, Emmylou Harris, Alan Jackson, and Wynona

New Age: Yanni and David Lanz

Musical Soundtracks: Phantom of the Opera, Aida, Rent and Wicked

and from more recent years: Maroon 5 and Norah Jones

too bad fashion didn't. What were we thinking?

As for this comment, we were thinking we were tres cool, and who wouldn't feel cool while wearing neon colors, parachute pants, fingerless lace gloves, leg warmers, jelly shoes, mesh shirts, stirrup pants, sweater vests over shirts, zipper ankle jeans, rubber bracelets, friendship bracelets, off the shoulder shirts, sweaters tied around the waist, swatches and don't forget, swatch protectors???

Don't forget, every guy was dressed like Don Johnson from "Miami Vice" :doh: Including yours truly :doh: