101 F degrees today

jerome1232

I just wanted to complain, we aren't normally seeing triple digits until late June at the very earliest. Luckily it's supposed plummet to a chilly 79 by the weekend.

I Just hate it when temps swing like this so dramatically.

A chilly 79?  Lol.  It was about 86 here yesterday and we were roasting!  I'm grateful for the cooler 60-ish right now.  I'm enjoying spring, and am not ready for summer yet.

Actually, it hit 83 in my house yesterday, but I was determined not to turn on the A/C yet.  I hid in the basement instead.

That heat is certainly not helping out the fire situation that I know is around San Diego.

I think the heat is a factor for getting the fire started, once it's roaring the wind is the greatest factor. I've heard that fire has had some really close calls.

A chilly 79?  Lol.  It was about 86 here yesterday and we were roasting!  I'm grateful for the cooler 60-ish right now.  I'm enjoying spring, and am not ready for summer yet.

Actually, it hit 83 in my house yesterday, but I was determined not to turn on the A/C yet.  I hid in the basement instead.

It's all relative, when you drop from 101 to 79 in the span of 3 days, yeah, it feels chilly. We should have 3 days of triple digit highs then a plummet of just over 20 degrees.

Our A/C has been on for over a month already haha.

People actually live in Bakersfield?  One thing about Bakersfield is that they have the busiest Hobby Lobby in the western states.   That's because there is nothing else there.   :)

That Hobby Lobby is like brand spankin' new too. Hey we have lots of cows.... and... nut tree's... and... oil derricks.

That Hobby Lobby is like brand spankin' new too. Hey we have lots of cows.... and... nut tree's... and... oil derricks.

And a Red Roof hotel.  I've stayed there.  :)

Wanted to say that yesterday it got to 102 - for here that is extremely unusual! By midnight it finally cooled down to 65. The house didn't cool down until this morning at 6 AM.  Today the high was a blissful 66, and we had winds to go with it. 

I guess bakersfield and cats are big news these days, finally we are in national news for something not terrible.

Yeh I saw the thing about the cat and thought of you.

This is the finished project that I worked on the week of the *heat wave*- 

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/arnagene/2014-05-152014Garden033_zps1475c271.jpg  

Put up the PVC frame and covered with deer netting, emptied out the pots with the dead flowers, added dolomite lime to that soil and mixed with fresh, re-filled the pots and planted new flowers. 

My husband helped me the first day by assembling the Gorilla Cart - and the second day by cutting the PVC & holding it in place while I screwed the brackets in place.

Please note: I am overweight by 75 pounds, stove up joint wise and not heat tolerant at all. BUT I got it done, almost.