Missing you

Roseslipper

Hi to all my friends!!  For some reason I can not get into this site on a smart phone or android. Yes I know there both smart phones but still different. I want you to know I miss you all and hope that you have a safe and happy 4th!!  I'm going to the Orlando area.  What are you doing?

Hi Rose, 

Sorry your having access problems. I also access the forum allot on my phone. I remember this happened before, I'm pretty sure I reported it last time as well. Hopefully they will fix it soon. 

Hope you enjoy Orlando. It's stormy here in SE Florida atm. 

Apparently accessing the site via your Droid or iPhone is an issue for a lot of people. I have an iPhone 5 and I have yet to be able to log-in, but prior to the site's overhaul, it worked fine. Pam said they're working on it.

As for July 4. Not doing much. Staying in town to watch fireworks.

I'll be trying to make my wife's 4th July as pleasant as possible while we're still waiting for our visa application to complete outside of the US. That's twice in a row now that she has not been able to be with the rest of her family for this day as a result of this process. We were going to head down to London for the weekend for the 4th July celebrations there, as there is a heavy American expat and tourist presence in the capital, but unfortunately we've already got alternative plans.

There is something of an irony to celebrating 4th July in the very country that the US is celebrating independence from. Almost like having a divorce party in your ex's house.

As for browsing this site on mobile devices, the problem is the mobile version of the site doesn't work.

All web browsers automatically send your agent string to the web server that hosts the website you are visiting. The agent string is simply a line of text that specifies what web browser and operating system you are using. Most mobile devices will explicitly specify in the agent string that they are a mobile version of a browser, or a mobile operating system, and then the webserver has been set to display the mobile version of the website to these devices, which in this case doesn't work.

The solution? Forge your agent string so that the web server thinks you're using a standard PC and therefore won't try and push the mobile version of the site on you. For apple devices, there is an app called 'KissMyAgent' that will do this for you. I've been browsing this site successfully on my iPhone for weeks.