Who Do You Admire?

susieSA

Guest Yediyd

Barbera Bush, Qpah Winfrey, Barbera Walters, Sister Hinkley...

That's just some of the women...

men...Pres. Hinkey, Pres. Monson, Bugs bunny, and Barny

Guest Emma Hale Smith

Eleanor Roosevelt

Juanita Brooks

Jayne Elizabet Manning

Martjorie Pay Hinckley

Annie Clark Tanner

Jean Paul Sartre

Stephen Hawkings

Anne Marie Case

Ayaan Hirsi Ali

My two babies

Emma

Guest MrsS

I have to agree that I admire my parents.

My Husband - he has gone through so many trials and refiners fires and made it out with his testimony strengthened.

i admire the omish who can live in this world and still be so devoted to their God that they do not partake of the things this world has to offer, while I am always "working on it". always needing to work a little harder to alighn myself with the gospel teachings. the gospel is easy to live compared to what they believe and deal with. I don't condone doing with out modern medicine and electricity, cars, ect. I know they are a blessing bestowed on us and just need to be used proberly. i just admire thier devotion.

hmmm..

off the top of my head..

Jesus

Pres. Hinckley

Dr. Liviu Librescu

Adam Smith

Dr. Walter E. Williams

Ron Paul

Ronald Reagan

Milton Friedman

Condi Rice

Could think of more, but thats what immediately comes to mind.

i admire the omish who can live in this world and still be so devoted to their God that they do not partake of the things this world has to offer, while I am always "working on it". always needing to work a little harder to alighn myself with the gospel teachings. the gospel is easy to live compared to what they believe and deal with. I don't condone doing with out modern medicine and electricity, cars, ect. I know they are a blessing bestowed on us and just need to be used proberly. i just admire thier devotion.

There is a lot of Amish here in western Pennsylvania where I live. The funny thing is they won't use modern medicine for themselves, but when one of their farm animals is sick, they will run down to the pay phone and call a vet to come fix their animals...

Personally, I admire a lot of different people for the positive inpact they've had on my life. Friends, teachers, my parents. I really admire my Young Woman's teacher, she does her best to do what the Lord will. And she came from a hard background and she's really an inspiration/inpact upon our young woman. She is so awesome!!! I'm lucky to know her like i do!!!

Guest Yediyd
<div class='quotemain'>

The moderators on this site and what they have to put up with. :)

Ben Raines

Oh brother. There is that humility again. :P

But he wuv's us, right? :huh:

Ben Raines

Amen to that. Also, and in particular, Crimson Kairos, Traveler, and Pale Rider, who never fail to give me food for thought, and explanations that expound their faith in fresh, individual ways. :sparklygrin:

I also admire our site owner, who has carved out a unique place where LDS can be mostly encouraged, and occasionally sharpened, and where interested friends can come and interact in a non-defensive environment.

I have to add a person who I had already admired but admire even more now. That is Derek Fisher from the Utah Jazz. Asking to be let out of the rest of his contract that would have brought him an additional 21 million dollars. Reason? So that he can be with his family and especially with his 1 year old daughter who is suffering from a rare eye cancer and the treatment has to be done in New York. His comment....family first...basketball second.

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

Ben Raines

just deal with it...............LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

Ben Raines

Nope

this is getting old once again...LOL!!!!!!!!!!

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

Ben Raines

Nope

this is getting old once again...LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm sounds very familiar. :hmmm:

I think I missed the inside joke...but our glorious leaders (moderators) have only scratched the surface of self-understanding, when it comes to realizing the great talents and wisdom they have been bestowed with.

BTW--mods...go ahead and email me if you need my paypal account info. LOL