Harry Potter News

<div class='quotemain'>

My daughter was #124 in line to get her book this morning, she read it all night and today, she was actually sobbing near the end when it appeared that a certain 'someone' may not survive the trials. She was SO MAD when I actually guessed the ending correctly, and what happened, especially since I have not read any of the books yet. :D:D:D I won't give it away just in case there are fans here who may not know how it ends.

Yep I heard she couldn't even put the book down long enough to sit and enjoy lunch with grandparents today. :P

Wow, word travels fast! Yeah, grandma wasn't happy about that part of our visit, I suspect she also wasn't happy that we didn't pack all their house up for the the move while we were there, either. :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

My daughter was #124 in line to get her book this morning, she read it all night and today, she was actually sobbing near the end when it appeared that a certain 'someone' may not survive the trials. She was SO MAD when I actually guessed the ending correctly, and what happened, especially since I have not read any of the books yet. :D:D:D I won't give it away just in case there are fans here who may not know how it ends.

Yep I heard she couldn't even put the book down long enough to sit and enjoy lunch with grandparents today. :P

Wow, word travels fast! Yeah, grandma wasn't happy about that part of our visit, I suspect she also wasn't happy that we didn't pack all their house up for the the move while we were there, either. :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

And why not? What was your problem there?

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

And why not? What was your problem there?

Uh.......... lack of available time? 2 hours just isn't enough to get much done.

I'm done. My oldest son is working on it. Oh, I am editing this to add this sentence.... don't read the rest of my post if you haven't finished the book. I don't want to spoil this for anyone.

I have questions...What happened to Neville's grandma. She is so proud of him now. It could have been nice to see her acknowledge him in front of everyone. What about Ted Lupin? I know it said he ate at Harry's house a lot, but who raised him?

All and all, it was a great book. I love how Kreacher did a big turn around. Oh, and Dudley saying something nice about Harry and meaning it.

I hated to see Dobby die. That was so sad. Who would have guessed that Snape was so in love with Lilly and that was the big secret in why Dumbledore trusted him.

I could go on and on.

My daughter's boyfriend works in Asda and made sure that he went to the store in his uniform at 11.30pm Friday so that he could be at the front of the queue when the book went on sale at midnight...he said that within minutes of going on sale, some people were buying multiple copies and shouting out for others to buy them from them, some people did so and paid between £25 and £40 for a book which should have only been around £5!!!

Also in the UK, Childline has put on extra staff in case lots of children are upset at any characters being killed off and need to ring them...I can't believe it!!

• 2 weeks later...