2 Parakeets, an African Grey, and an Amazon

1318000956.jpg

2 Map Turtles:

turtles-temp.jpg

7 Fish:

fish.jpg

6 Ball Pythons:

sunshine2.jpg

And a Leopard Gecko, 2 African Soft-Furred Rats, and a Rabbit that my kid's classroom is holding.

Edited by anatess

I have a beautiful and sweet red golden retriever. I also have 5 chickens, but ever since I learned that they are the posterity of dinosaurs, I think of them as my little dinosaurs. They were already entertaining, but now they are somehow more so. Especially to watch them run. 

Until last week we had a goldfish named Fred. 

I have a 14 year old Rottweiler/Lab mix. She's the sweetest dog ever. 

IMG_0111_zps5twn551u.jpg

..and a feral cat I picked up at the beach (Florida has beach cats). It mostly tame but will sometimes forget after nap and will run away from us outside till it's had time to think things over...then comes back

IMG_8244_zpsag80wufg.jpg

We have a yellow lab named Bebee...she thinks she owns the world and she's our little girl. She was born on her daddy's birthday. Meaning... my husband's birthday. LOL She's 4 years old. She believes all the other cats, dog, and birds we have are hers. She loves our one bird and allows him to sit on her and peck at her nose. LOL

We have another dog that wandered on our land with a hurt leg. I put ads around and contacted the vets and pound etc to see if anyone lost here, but no one responded. It was the middle of winter....3 years ago and we didn't want to take her to the pound, so we kept her. She is so sweet. I believe she was a sheep herder dog and maybe fell off the truck and hurt her leg... so was no good as a herder. Her name is Charlie.

About 3 years ago we found a tiny baby mourning dove on a trail. I almost ran over him because I thought it was a pine cone. But, it was a baby bird maybe a week or two old. No mama bird around, no nest, not nothing... how he got there...who knows. So, my husband being the Dr Doolittle he is, brought him home in his hat and hand fed him every 2 hours for months until he finally learned to eat on his own. Now Burston thinks my husband is his mama. He rides on his shoulder when husband goes motorcycle riding....so cute. He loves coming out of the cage and enjoys sitting on the perch husband made for him at the window.

Four cats that think they own every piece of furniture in the house. Tiger, Gray Cat, Snowball, and Molly.

And, two other birds. They are finches and they love each other so much. Fun watching them in their cage flying all over their toys. They don't come out of the cage.

We had a pet turkey that liked to jog around our motorcycle track when I was jogging. She would follow me, but would take the short cut to beat me back to the house. A wild animal came on our land and killed her. So sad... we loved her so much.

We adopted a chicken from my SIL because her rooster didn't like that chicken and kept pecking at her. But, they got rid of the rooster and the adoption was over.

We've had other animal, fish, frogs... and more at one time or another.