Youtube Apologetics

cdowis

>Mormonism is from Satan
Which of these doctrines are from Satan?
1 We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
2 We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam’s transgression.
3 We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.
4 We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
5. We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things

Today, the Church disavows the THEORIES advanced in the past that black skin is a sign of divine disfavor or curse, or that it reflects unrighteous actions in a premortal life; that mixed-race marriages are a sin; or that blacks or people of any other race or ethnicity are inferior in any way to anyone else. Church leaders today unequivocally condemn all racism, past and present, in any form.24 [EMPHASIS ADDED]
https://www.lds.org/topics/race-and-the-priesthood?lang=eng

• 2 weeks later...

Joseph Smith blah blah

Just curious -- would you take someone (Paul) who threw men, women, children into prison for being Christian, and also gave his tacit approval of the stoning death of a Christian missionary over a disorderly person? What are your feelings about a murder who killed an Egyptian guard and then ran away to escape justice (Moses) vs a disorderly person?

What about the three times Peter lied about knowing Jesus?????

Can I assume that you will refuse to  answer me.

Edited by cdowis

n Joseph Smith's day.. according to the laws of the land that were established BEFORE Joseph Smith was even born.... this is what we find==>>

The age of consent for marriage under English common law was TEN. United States law did not raise the age of consent until the late nineteenth century.

In Joseph Smith’s day, most states still had the declared age of consent to be TEN! Some had raised it to TWELVE, and Delaware had lowered it to SEVEN! (See Melina McTigue, “Statutory Rape Law Reform in Nineteenth Century Maryland: An Analysis of Theory and Practical Change,” (2002), accessed 5 Feb 2005) in 1880 (nearly 40 years after Joseph Smith’s death), the minimal age of female consent in Illinois was age 10.

The following U. S. states (and territories) identified their minimal age of female consent at age 10 in 1880: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. (Source 1)

The following states identified their ages of female consent at 12 in 1880: Arizona, District of Columbia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Nevada, Virginia, Washington, and West Virginia. (Source 1) Outside the U. S., Denmark’s minimum age for female consent was 12 in 1880–and still 12 in 1920. Same ages and dates for Portugal, Scotland, and Spain. By 1880 England had advanced the minimal age from 12 to 13. The age of consent in Canada and Australia in 1880 was also 12. By 1920 Canada had advanced the age to 14. In Russia the minimum age in 1880 was 10. It advanced to 14 by 1920. (Source 1)

. SOURCE1 (Sources of information: Stephen Robertson, “Age of Consent Laws,” in Children and Youth in History, Item, #230,http://chnm.gmu.edu/cyh/teachi… Martin Killias, “The Emergence of a New Taboo: The Desexualization of Youth in Western Societies Since 1800,” European Journal on Criminal Policy and Research 8 (2000); and Mary Odem, Delinquent Daughters: Policing and Protecting Adolescent Female Sexuality in the United States, 1885-1920, Chapel Hill, North Carolina: University of North Carolina Press, 1995.)

Edited by cdowis

Missouri War

Read what General Wilson says, about it all. General Wilson “We Jackson County boys know how it is. We know that from the beginning the Mormons have not been the aggressors at all as it began in `33,. You Mormons were crowded to the last extreme, and compelled to self-defense; and this has been construed into treason, murder and plunder. We mob you without law; the authorities refuse to protect you according to law; you then are compelled to protect yourselves, and we act upon the prejudices of the public, who join our forces, and the whole is legalized, for your destruction and our gain. Is not this a shrewd and cunning policy on our part, gentlemen?

“When we drove you [Mormons]  from Jackson County, we burned two hundred of your houses; plundered your goods; destroyed your press and all, tarred and feathered old Bishop Partridge. We shot down some of your men, and, if any of you returned the fire, we imprisoned you, on your trial for murder. Shrewdly done, gentlemen; and I came near kicking the bucket myself; for, on one occasion, while we were tearing down houses, driving families, and destroying and plundering goods, some of you good folks put a ball through my son’s body, another through the arm of my clerk, and a third pierced my shirt collar and marked my neck. No blame, gentlemen; we deserved it. “

Edited by cdowis

" numerous well documented examples of burying unflattering evidence" Elder Russell Ballard gave a talk to CES employees. We call this a watershed talk because in this talk he admits that the well-meaning curriculum of the past did not meet the needs of what our youth today need.

There needs to be more transparency about our past, so the Brethren are making efforts to change what maybe past leaders thought was important. They have made documents available on the Joseph Smith Papers project, the Mountain Meadows Massacre project was very transparent about what happened in an unfortunate incident. Then they brought forth the Gospel Topics Essays, where they talk about these hot button topics. They are making strides even incorporating these Gospel Topics Essays into our curriculum. So yes, perhaps they should have done more, earlier, but they’re doing the best they can right now to bring that information out.

http://www.ldsperspectives.com/2017/05/24/polygamy-questions-joseph-smith/

What is the More Good Foundation?

More Good Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that helps Mormons (members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) share their beliefs on the Internet. **We operate WEBSITES and social media PLATFORMS in over 15 languages and provide TOOLS AN TRAINING to Universities, Institutes and Church Firesides** We work closely with and support other groups and foundations with like-minded missions from all over the world. More Good Foundation was created in 2005 as a solution to the overwhelming need for accurate information about the LDS faith on the Internet. It is operated by a small team of employees along with many volunteers.

https://www.moregoodfoundation.org/

Let us suppose that we are having a conversation about a "beetle".
Each of us is unaware that my beetle is an insect and you are thinking about a car. We argue about the size of a beetle and you declare that is over six feet in length and I huff and puff that this is impossible -- it is no longer than my thumb.

https://youtu.be/x86hLtOkou8

Edited by cdowis

Brigham Young was mistaken, and this is not the doctrine of the church nor the scriptures. The prophets are fallible and those mistakes are corrected - such as James writing regarding Paul == faith without works is dead,  and the demons of Satan  confess Christ but tremble.

Adam God

Edited by cdowis

https://youtu.be/oCu0d-SjrN0

"Of Masons and Mormons: The Relationship Between Freemasonry's Rituals of Initiation and the Latter-day Saint Temple Ceremonies." Originally presented by invitation of the Worldwide Exemplification of Freemasonry, an organization to educate Freemasons. Presented by Mark Koltko-Rivera, Ph.D., a 32nd-degree Scottish Rite Freemason who is also a temple-attending Latter-day Saint

What does the Book of Mormon teach about Christ?
1. O remember, remember, my sons, the words which king Benjamin spake unto his people; yea, remember that there is no other way nor means whereby man can be saved, only through the atoning blood of Jesus Christ, who shall come, yea, remember that he cometh to redeem the world.
2. And now behold, I say unto you that the right way is to believe in Christ, and deny him not; and Christ is the Holy One of Israel; wherefore ye must bow down before him, and worship him with all your might, mind, and strength, and your whole soul; and if ye do this ye shall in nowise be cast out.
3. yea, remember that there is no other way nor means whereby man can be saved, only through the atoning blood of Jesus Christ, who shall come, yea, remember that he cometh to redeem the world.
4. [9] And it came to pass that he stretched forth his hand and spake unto the people, saying: [10] Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world. [11] And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning.

seer stone

So what?
Moses had a magical staff that turned into a serpent, parted the Red Sea, made water come from a rock, etc.

Anyway, an interesting video on the seer stone and urim thummim.
www.lds.org/media-library/video/2017-11-0120-seer-stones-and-the-translation-of-the-book-of-mormon?lang=eng&_r=1
Edited by cdowis