In other news... (random news thread)

Ironhold

Consider this thread a catch-all for random news articles that strike your interest.

1 dead, 1 wounded in a hostage-taking gone wrong.

Seems two guys got the bright idea to kidnap a 17-year-old right in front of her house.

Her parents responded by both grabbing guns and opening fire.

One of the two was pronounced dead at the scene, while the other was apprehended after he showed up at the hospital to have his wounds treated.

Oops.

Not that there was a lot of detail on the specifics...but if a man had my daughter as a hostage with a gun to her head I'm not sure I'd just start shooting.  We'll presume that the situation somehow allowed for an opening where the daughter was not in the line of fire at the time.

Mizzou football players are bending over backward to take offense at a bizarre and distasteful happening that they want to characterize as "racist", demanding that their white middle-aged university professor be fired because his response was not violent enough for their tastes, and are holding their football season hostage for it. No kidding.

I would love to see all the "striking" players have their scholarships permanently revoked. That would be awesome. (Well, not actually awesome, just fitting.)

Mizzou football players are bending over backward to take offense at a bizarre and distasteful happening that they want to characterize as "racist", demanding that their white middle-aged university professor be fired because his response was not violent enough for their tastes, and are holding their football season hostage for it. No kidding.

I would love to see all the "striking" players have their scholarships permanently revoked. That would be awesome. (Well, not actually awesome, just fitting.)

Well... Wolfe resigned.  And the Chancellor too...  I guess they get to play BYU after all.