Stress management

I do some kind of craft to distract me.  Though I'm not sure right now that is helping much.  I have 3 craft projects going on at the same time right now and all have deadlines this month.  :)  But I really enjoy it.  So doing something I really enjoy helps me.

• 2 weeks later...

I have certain emotional stressors that can almost overwhelm me.  That's when I need to talk.  My husband is my go-to person for that. But, I know he can get tired of it.  My stress is almost always the same thing.  And, he tends to want to solve it, but it can't be solved.  I just need to talk it out.

I also get down on my knees and pour out my thoughts to my Heavenly Father.  It doesn't necessarily change the situation or the stress, but I feel better after.

And, then sometimes, I just go into my room and cry.

None of this actually takes away the stress, but it helps me to get on with my life.  If it's deadlines I have, I admit I tend to procrastinate, and that makes the stress worse.  Sometimes, I just have to buckle down and get it done.

My VT is in the hospital.  She got diagnosed with Broken Heart Syndrome!  It's some kind of stress-induced heart pain that feels like a heart attack or something like that.  I'm not quite sure what it is actually.

The only thing that will relieve my stress this morning is that the 8 inches of snow we got overnight melts before 3 p.m. today.  But unfortunately we are getting snow continuously through tomorrow.  :(

The only thing that will relieve my stress this morning is that the 8 inches of snow we got overnight melts before 3 p.m. today.  But unfortunately we are getting snow continuously through tomorrow.   :(

It was 85F here yesterday.  Wore fancy sandals to Church and flip-flips the rest of the time.  It was glorious.

The only thing that will relieve my stress this morning is that the 8 inches of snow we got overnight melts before 3 p.m. today.  But unfortunately we are getting snow continuously through tomorrow.   :(

I must be getting old.  I can't handle the snow like I used to.  I have a dental appointment today, and I am not looking forward to driving in it.  I'm hoping the storm will die down a little and the roads will be clear.

While my son and I were shoveling out our drive this morning he said...  "Two Arizonians shoveling snow...  When what you are doing sounds like a punch line to a joke you know it is bad."  

They just came and plowed our streets in my neighborhood.  Unfortunately that left a huge mound of snow leading to everyone's driveway.  

The tough coughs as he ploughs the dough. (Pronounced, of course, "The tuff cuffs as he pluffs the duff.")