Twilight Zone marathon

Guest MormonGator

Guest MormonGator

We don't have live tv...

I have my Kindle and some music going while I watch. 

Do you have Netflix or something? I don't watch movies, so it's a trade off for me. 

Edited by MormonGator

Guest MormonGator

We do, but I've already watched all the Twilight Zone episodes on Netflix.

I've seen them all many times, and I still think they are among the most interesting and complex shows in television history. They touch on addiction, Freudian thought, paranoia, government, theology...I could go on! 

(yeah, I like the show) 

I wouldn't watch the Twilight Zone marathon even if I did still have cable.  I had seen every episode when they originally aired, then again and again in reruns.  So it would just be too boring for me.  But you are right, they were mostly really good.

In those days, there wasn't much else to watch, so if there was one good show, I watched it.

I got rid of my cable totally this year.

$140 a month for junk?  And left wing propaganda?  No thanks.

All I ever watched was Sportsman Channel and Outdoor Channel anyway.

And I do not get anything out of watching SOMEBODY ELSE play football, or baseball or hockey.  If you got the football, I'll get out there and throw it around with you, tho'.

So my idea of "sports" is NOT watching tv.

dc

I love the Twilight Zone I have all the original episodes from the 1950s, if you like that there was a 1970s series called Tales of the Unexpected.   They were awesome too.. my fave one was a man was having an affair (they are rated 12 so no naughty bits) as his wife put on weight, the person he was having an affair with was his wife's best friend.   He tried to lace some chocolates with poison to bump her off and she gave them to her best friend as she decided she was going on a diet :D

I watched Twilight Zone on TV in the 80's - in the Philippines.  I couldn't remember a single episode.  I only remember the intro with the baby head spinning around the earth.

That was the later show.  The original really had some good memorable plots.  The plots posed some very interesting questions.  Not like the mindless pablum and propaganda (of the left and the 'agenda') that you see on tv today.

dc

Guest MormonGator

That was the later show.  The original really had some good memorable plots.  The plots posed some very interesting questions.  Not like the mindless pablum and propaganda (of the left and the 'agenda') that you see on tv today.

dc

AMEN. The original show deals with Freudian thought (an obsession of mine), guilt, OCD, religion,  overreaching government, alienation, paranoia-I could go on. 

AMEN. The original show deals with Freudian thought (an obsession of mine), guilt, OCD, religion,  overreaching government, alienation, paranoia-I could go on. 

Amen I say unto you also MG.

Yes, it was thought provoking stuff for kids, as I was in those days.  And stuff that would have interested Anatess, as well, I think.  The later shows got watered down, or they just didn't have the cutting edge of the original.  There were some good ones amongst the newer but not like the original.  And Rod Serling.  His whole 'style' fit into it so well.

I remember one where they didn't show the faces.  A woman was having facial surgery to correct her ugliness.  They took off the bandages, and she was beautiful (by our standards).  But the doctors and nurses gasped in horror at her.  They all had pig faces, and thus considered her an outcast, with her 'ugliness' to their standards.

And plenty of Alfred Hitchcock drama leading up to it.  Remember, you started watching and had no idea where the story was going, until you got there.

You must also be a big Hitchcock fan.  He also had some similar films, many more cryptic than Twilight Zone.

And one of my favorites.

Don't answer the question.  Don't answer the question.

Remember that one?   (correction:  it was Hitchcock)

dc

Edited by David13

Guest MormonGator

Amen I say unto you also MG.

Yes, it was thought provoking stuff for kids, as I was in those days.  And stuff that would have interested Anatess, as well, I think.  The later shows got watered down, or they just didn't have the cutting edge of the original.  There were some good ones amongst the newer but not like the original.  And Rod Serling.  His whole 'style' fit into it so well.

I remember one where they didn't show the faces.  A woman was having facial surgery to correct her ugliness.  They took off the bandages, and she was beautiful (by our standards).  But the doctors and nurses gasped in horror at her.  They all had pig faces, and thus considered her an outcast, with her 'ugliness' to their standards.

And plenty of Alfred Hitchcock drama leading up to it.  Remember, you started watching and had no idea where the story was going, until you got there.

You must also be a big Hitchcock fan.  He also had some similar films, many more cryptic than Twilight Zone.

And one of my favorites.

Don't answer the question.  Don't answer the question.

Remember that one (it wasn't Hitchcock)?

dc

Dude, that's one of my favorite episodes (woman who sees the doctors with pig faces). I also LOVE the one where the thief gets everything he wants and thinks he is in heaven, only to learn it is the "other place" and "The Obsolete Man" where an overreaching government has proven there is "no God". Only in the end, the government agent shows his real self: a babbling, incoherent coward.

Hitchcock is also a favorite of mine. Read Window, Vertigo and Psycho. I like his television show as well.