The gross, disgusting awfulness that is breast feeding a baby

Vort

Guest LiterateParakeet

In other news, I breastfed my daughter during Relief Society the other day. Our mothers room has no sound system, and other ladies have done the same thing.

FWIW, I think that is perfectly fine. I used to go to the mothers nursing room during Sacrament or SS so the men wouldn't be uncomfortable. But if the baby wanted to eat during RS, I fed him/her right there.

FWIW, I think that is perfectly fine. I used to go to the mothers nursing room during Sacrament or SS so the men wouldn't be uncomfortable. But if the baby wanted to eat during RS, I fed him/her right there.

To let you in on the secret, it's not your breasts that make the men uncomfortable, we just hate it when we're hungry (and we're usually hungry) and someone else is eating right in front of us. Bring tuna salad sandwiches and grape soda for everybody else and it will all be fine.

Edited by NightSG

To let you in on the secret, it's not your breasts that make the men uncomfortable, we just hate it when we're hungry (and we're usually hungry) and someone else is eating right in front of us. Bring tuna salad sandwiches and grape soda for everybody else and it will all be fine.

Yeah. What ever happened to "You bring enough for one, you bring enough for everyone"?

Yeah. What ever happened to "You bring enough for one, you bring enough for everyone"?

It would be the height of entitlement mentality to expect your host to serve everyone different things according to their different tastes.  You eat what the host is offering.

So, how do you want your milk... in a bottle or in a sippy cup?

• 3 weeks later...

"On a tangentially related note, when did the vulgar and childish term "boob" become de rigeur for referencing a woman's breast? Anyone who uses the term "boob" to reference a breast immediately suffers a 50% reduction in my esteem for him/her."

depends where you are in the US.  if someone grows up around slang all their life then they'll probably be using slang when they grow up..... Gotta love linguistic evolution >.<

I don't like it when adults use "boob" seriously, but I say it to my nursling. It can be cute in context.

The other day I was letting the kids who couldn't tolerate nasty recess air back into my classroom. They saw two pumped bottles on my desk. We started a nice conversation about just what I had been doing.