Massages & Sensory Deprivation Tank?

NeedleinA

2 hours ago, Carborendum said:

Two by men and I think they were better than the women.

10 hours ago, prisonchaplain said:

Yes. Males can usually go deeper,

I wondered about this before...BUT... I'm just a little too weirded out by a guy. I know my personal hurdle to get over. I have had 3 types of woman massages:

1. Light and fluffy (pretty much a waste of time) poor girl probably weighed 90lbs, no force/pressure
2. Mid-range pressure - good(ish)
3. Hard (elbows in my back, crying for my momma) A Scandinavian lady with about 100lbs on me. I was a rag doll and "Helga" (I don't know her name, Helga seems to fit) was in charge.:unsure: 

Edited by NeedleinA

25 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Some of us have various local news stories equating "massage" with "prostitutes that are exploiting a legal loophole and haven't been shut down by the cops yet".    Interesting thread from that perspective.  Some of you folks are shocking my sheltered sensibilities!

Someone needs a "real" massage to become unsheltered. 

16 minutes ago, NeedleinA said:

I wondered about this before...BUT... I'm just a little too weirded out by a guy.

A massage doesn't have to be done with skin-to-skin contact.  The Chinese massage was done in full clothing.  I only took my jacket off.  And it was done in full view of other patrons and passersby through the front windows.  They just push hard enough that it doesn't matter.  And no oils/scents, which was a bonus for me.

15 hours ago, NeedleinA said:

1. Do you get massages? 

I have, but more often my wife does

2. Massages by the opposite sex?

Yes, I prefer a female. The idea of a dude rubbing my bare skin seems weird to me, but that is a personal hangup. I really see no problem with either sex doing it

3. Massages without a spouse?

Yes, I don't see how it could be a problem

4. Tried sensory deprivation tank before?

Nope

5. How do you feel about your spouse getting a massage without you?

I don't feel anything about it( I am not sure why I would feel anything about it at all), other than I hope she gets what she needs out of it.

Really it seems like an odd question.

My wife and I got a couples massage last week. I had a female and she had a male. This place was highly rated but neither of us was impressed. 

We both felt the massages we both give each other were more intuitive and effective. 

I've heard good things about the deprivation tank and would like to try it sometime. In today's age we have such constant intent sensory input I can't think of a better way to truly escape.

9 minutes ago, Windseeker said:

We both felt the massages we both give each other were more intuitive and effective. 

I would agree with this. After having tried/tested the waters from others, my wife and I have been able to take positive components from each and apply it personally. Far better with each other. 

37 minutes ago, omegaseamaster75 said:

Massages without a spouse?
Yes, I don't see how it could be a problem

How do you feel about your spouse getting a massage without you?
Really it seems like an odd question.

I always enjoy your posts, they are never going to be simple and usually involve some kind of question that seems obvious to me, but apparently not to everyone.

Massages cost money.  So it is often better to get one from home is someone is able and willing.

When we were dating, I gave massages to all Mrs. Carb's roommates.  But at the advice of the bishop, I didn't give them to her.  But the other girls, he said that was ok.

Now I have several kids who fight over who gets to "beat up daddy" (massage my back).  Ffenix and Princess are both too big and old, and they don't care to.  The Bear has no rhyme or reason as to where he hits me.  So, apparently, he doesn't have the talent.  Bubba is the one who does it the best.  He knows the spots and knows the right force to apply.  Mighty Mouse also wants to participate.  He seems to do ok.  But he needs to grow a bit.  The Ladybug barely knows how to punch.  She sucks up all the energy she can and gives me the best whack she can.  And it is a good one.  But then she follows up with a bunch of weaker ones that feels more like a tickle than a massage.  Bumble Bee just walks on my back.  He's the right weight.  But he has no clue where to walk.

Edited by Guest

21 minutes ago, NeedleinA said:

I always enjoy your posts, they are never going to be simple and usually involve some kind of question that seems obvious to me, but apparently not to everyone.

Some issues arise that I honestly haven't put much thought to. The question of my spouse getting a massage without me. It never ever occurred to me that it would be an issue. 

On a very base level I understand, my wife alone in a state of undress with another male. OK fine, but we are talking about a professional masseuse in a professional setting. So yeah I don't get it.

18 minutes ago, omegaseamaster75 said:

OK fine, but we are talking about a professional masseuse in a professional setting. So yeah I don't get it.

Unfortunately plenty of "unprofessional" things happen in otherwise professional settings everyday around the world, not to mention adding: Constant physical touching, alone in a private room, semi/full nude, dim lights, etc.

I went to a professional hair stylist, she cut my hair and made small talk. Zero issues.
I went to another "professional" hair stylist, she too cut my hair but was more of a professional flirt (tip maybe?), was very personal in her questions, etc.
I get my hair cut by wife now and have done so for years. 

We only really get massages while we are on trips/vacations, so we don't have the luxury of knowing our masseuse in advance. Are they a professional OR a professional flirt. We choose to only do them as a couple. Safety precaution.  

2 hours ago, Carborendum said:

Massages cost money.  So it is often better to get one from home is someone is able and willing.

If you can find a massage school in your area, they are less than half price. A typical massage in my area is $60/hour. Spas expect tips, medical office ones don't. However, school-based massages retail at $35, and tipping is not allowed. Also, the school in our area always puts out coupons that reduce the price to $20.

1 hour ago, prisonchaplain said:

If you can find a massage school in your area, they are less than half price. A typical massage in my area is $60/hour. Spas expect tips, medical office ones don't. However, school-based massages retail at $35, and tipping is not allowed. Also, the school in our area always puts out coupons that reduce the price to $20.

Advil: $0.01

Kids: Room and board and lots of love.

Being free of pain: Priceless.

On 3/7/2016 at 6:12 PM, NeedleinA said:

So, there have been some fairly intense (emotional) threads before, this is not one of them.

My wife and I went to Miami a couple of months ago for her birthday. Her big thing is she loves massages at the day spa. I'm "okay" with them at best. I never feel like I'm really relaxed, always an edge of tension with a stranger touching me. I only will do couple massages and refuse to have a "male" for either of us. I did get tricked into getting a facial by myself while in Miami. I swore it was supposed to be a couples facial, but it wasn't. 

Apart from a massage, has any one tried a Sensory Deprivation Tank before? They seem a little different (hippie type). 

1. Do you get massages? 
2. Massages by the opposite sex?
3. Massages without a spouse?
4. Tried sensory deprivation tank before?
5. How do you feel about your spouse getting a massage without you?

Just for fun thread, but obviously I've thought about it before;)

I get professional massages every couple of months.

I have never had a man besides my husband give me a massage.

I've always get them by myself, though I'm trying to get the husband to come with me. Not for anything sensual, but because he has some muscle issues and I think a massage would be very beneficial to him.

Never tried a sensory deprivation tank, but really want to. The spa in my town, alas, does not offer one.

I have no issue with my husband getting a massage without me. I really want to set him for some good therapuetic massages.

22 hours ago, NeedleinA said:

Unfortunately plenty of "unprofessional" things happen in otherwise professional settings everyday around the world, not to mention adding: Constant physical touching, alone in a private room, semi/full nude, dim lights, etc.

Edited by omegaseamaster75

1 hour ago, omegaseamaster75 said:

We are talking about ...

I've been reminded that youth read lds.net. So in this case, I'm going to not comment further (nothing personal to you Omega) and hopefully this thread will just fall to the bottom of the list and be forgotten. 

If a mod/admin simply wants to delete this thread, I'm 100% okay with that too;)

Edited by NeedleinA

Oh hey - I guess I came across a bit strong. There's nothing wrong with this thread or discussion, Needle.   I just saw things starting to go down a road that I've seen get R-rated pretty quickly, and said something. You're fine!

Indeed, lots of massage places are massage places - that's what we're talking about here.  Other massage places like omega mentions are "massage" places - either aboveboard or undercover houses of prostitution.  It's sort of important to know which one you're walking into if you want to keep your temple recommend. ;)