Every Republican Presidential Candidate is Hitler

Just_A_Guy

Anatess, I could not find your long post.

MormonGator, it may scare you to know you're thinking like a Pentecostal preacher. : -)  I had one tell me that very thing recently--that Trump is the high school bully. I'm guessing some of his supporters believe that he's what we need to stand up--both against international terrorism and domestic political correctness.

28 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

I agree PC. He also strikes me as misogynistic, obnoxious and ironically enough given another thread here-the high school bully at 68 years old. 

Yet, all... ALL... EVERY SINGLE PERSON... in his High School graduating class like/respect him.  Cruz, on the other hand, have high school and college classmates who say they don't like Cruz because he's a creep.

Yes, if I was American and Cruz is the nominee, I'd still vote for Cruz against Hillary even if he's a creep.

http://www.infowars.com/trumps-high-school-classmate-his-character-is-as-good-as-it-gets/

I read the link and find one person claiming Trump is okay, and one classmate claiming Cruz is disliked.  I believe it was the famed attorney and law professor, Allen Dershowitz (sp?) who said Cruz was the most brilliant student he ever had (and these two are ideologically very different).  So, now we have three people giving personal observations from decades ago . . .

46 minutes ago, prisonchaplain said:

I read the link and find one person claiming Trump is okay, and one classmate claiming Cruz is disliked.  I believe it was the famed attorney and law professor, Allen Dershowitz (sp?) who said Cruz was the most brilliant student he ever had (and these two are ideologically very different).  So, now we have three people giving personal observations from decades ago . . .

Go to that Facebook link.  Trump's classmates posted on the comments.

In any case, you hear people say negative things about Cruz, you'd rather believe the ones that say positive things about him.  You hear people say positive things about Trump, you'd rather believe the ones that say negative things about him.  And the only reason I can see is that Trump is raw - unscrubbed, unpolished, uncontrolled.  Of course he gives the impression that he is rude and a jerk.... put The Folk Prophet on that podium without a teleprompter and political campaign handlers, people would say the same thing.  Heck - people say that about him here on lds.net and that's written!  You have a backspace and delete buttons you can use!  I don't believe The Folk Prophet is a jerk.  He just comes out that way.  But even if he's a real jerk in real life - you'd rather have the woman who trashed Juanita Broaddrick, lied to the face of Benghazi victim's families, and laundered political money through the Clinton Foundation, and showed no regard for national security with her emails?  Because, she doesn't sound like a jerk?  You're really rather give her Scalia's robes over the guy who Jeff Sessions and Jan Brewer believes can do the job?

By the way, a good student according to one's Professor is entirely different from a classmate saying he's a creep.  Lots of good students are creeps and are the reason MormonGator hated high school. 

Edited by anatess2

14 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Lots of good students are creeps and are the reason MormonGator hated high school. 

Threadjack alert! Threadjack alert!

The reasons I hated high school include that, of course, but the biggest one was that high school was a total waste of my time, and that's putting a good spin on it.

Lehi

1 hour ago, anatess2 said:

Cruz, on the other hand, have high school and college classmates who say they don't like Cruz because he's a creep.

About the "creep" designation:

In Texas and parts of Louisiana we have a radio personality named Michael Berry.  He describes himself as a conservative with a touch of libertarian.  And he openly declares he's a personal friend of Ted Cruz -- known him for years.

Michael said that when he first met Cruz, he had a similar reaction.  It wasn't that he actually was a creep.  It was that he had a very "unsettling" (his word) air about him.  It wasn't until he really got to know him that Ted showed himself to be not only affable, but a really amazing person.  

Now during this election cycle, he believes he understands why.  Ted is a kind of person that you immediately recognize that he is a person of ability.  And it is so strong that if you only know him on the surface, you think he's a jerk.  And Michael also did at first.  But as he got to know him, he realized that Ted never did or said anything that would qualify him as a jerk.  But everyone reacted that way to him.

*********************************************************************************

ALL ... EVERY SINGLE PERSON... Really?  No one is that popular.

What scares me most about Trump is that you really have no idea what he's going to do.  He has a few actual principles that he believes in.  But all the rest is just political bluster.

He said in an interview that he was in favor of shutting down Mormon Churches.  When the interviewer revealed that he, himself, was a Mormon, Trump did a 180,"Many people just don't get the Mormon thing.  But I do.  I really do."  Double-talk much?  This was in a 5-minute period.

He said (I'll combine many statements together) "They say the wall will cost $10 B.  I'll build it for $4 B.  It could cost $5B.  But it won't cost more than $6B.  I could still bring it in under $8B. It might be $10B.  Yeah, It really will cost $12 B, maybe more."  Uhm... as long as we're clear on what it will cost.

He was the one paying bribes to politicians to practice crony capitalism.  He admitted it multiple times as an example of how corrupt Washington is.  Why do the Trumpkins insist that he is the one to fix it?  He was central to it.  He is not just an insider of the system.  He IS the system.  If he's the one who paid in, don't you think he's gonna want some payback?

We're talking about a guy who, before he hit the $1B net worth mark, kept writing to Forbes about additional documentation that he was not considered rich enough.  It doesn't matter to him that he's worth $4B+.  He wants more.  He'll always want more.

Everything he says about himself:  I'm the smartest.  I've researched this more than anyone else.  I care more than anyone else.  I'm more pro this or that than anyone else.  I'll do the most.  I'll be the most.  I'll say the most.  I'll poop the most... Ok he didn't say that, but I wouldn't put it past him if the subject came up.  He has a friggin' gold plated toilet on his airplane.  Who does that?   

Why on earth are people so enamored with him?  He has no respect for the Constitution or the rule of law.  He just wants power and fame so he can be more famous and powerful.  That's all.  He doesn't care one whit about you.

Edited by Guest

42 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

you'd rather have the woman who trashed Juanita Broaddrick, lied to the face of Benghazi victim's families, and laundered political money through the Clinton Foundation, and showed no regard for national security with her emails?  Because, she doesn't sound like a jerk?  You're really rather give her Scalia's robes over the guy who Jeff Sessions and Jan Brewer believes can do the job?

By the way, a good student according to one's Professor is entirely different from a classmate saying he's a creep.  Lots of good students are creeps and are the reason MormonGator hated high school. 

I'll be honest....I just read the article. However, I've seen enough to make my own assessments.

Cruz: I agree about 80% of the time with him. He's smart, but uncompromising. I worry that he'll miss a lot of good governance, because he's too quick to view compromise as moral weakness/cowardice.

Trump: I agree about 60% of the time, but truly fear that he will make some important decisions based on vindictiveness, and a poor "shoot-from-the-hip" assessment. IMHO, his core ideology is very small, and would probably track liberal Republican.

HRC: I agree about 20%. Your arguments against succeed in breaking my already-fractured heart over this election.  If she gets it I am hoping against hope that Bill can moderate her. She's smart, and might actually do a few good things.  The Supreme Court part scares me silly--but again, I'm hope that Bill can moderate her. 

Edited by prisonchaplain

50 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

About the "creep" designation:

In Texas and parts of Louisiana we have a radio personality named Michael Berry.  He describes himself as a conservative with a touch of libertarian.  And he openly declares he's a personal friend of Ted Cruz -- known him for years.

Michael said that when he first met Cruz, he had a similar reaction.  It wasn't that he actually was a creep.  It was that he had a very "unsettling" (his word) air about him.  It wasn't until he really got to know him that Ted showed himself to be not only affable, but a really amazing person.  

Now during this election cycle, he believes he understands why.  Ted is a kind of person that you immediately recognize that he is a person of ability.  And it is so strong that if you only know him on the surface, you think he's a jerk.  And Michael also did at first.  But as he got to know him, he realized that Ted never did or said anything that would qualify him as a jerk.  But everyone reacted that way to him.

*********************************************************************************

ALL ... EVERY SINGLE PERSON... Really?  No one is that popular.

What scares me most about Trump is that you really have no idea what he's going to do.  He has a few actual principles that he believes in.  But all the rest is just political bluster.

He said in an interview that he was in favor of shutting down Mormon Churches.  When the interviewer revealed that he, himself, was a Mormon, Trump did a 180,"Many people just don't get the Mormon thing.  But I do.  I really do."  Double-talk much?

He said (I'll combine many statements together) "They say the wall will cost $10 B.  I'll build it for $4 B.  It could cost $5B.  But it won't cost more than $6B.  I could still bring it in under $8B. It might be $10B.  Yeah, It really will cost $12 B, maybe more."  Uhm... as long as we're clear on what it will cost.

YES.  ALL.  REALLY.  99 of them.

And that interview... He is in favor of shutting down Mormon Churches IF THEY HARBOR TERRORISTS.  He said he'll do the same thing for Mormon Churches what he will do for Mosques.  So, are you trying to tell me that if a Mosque/Mormon Church is harboring terrorists, shutting them down is a ridiculous proposal?

And yes, he has nothing against Mormons.  He gave lots of money to Romney.  He thinks it's an "alien faith" (Trumpism) just like Carson's 7th Day Adventist one.  But that interview you are talking about where the interviewer was Mormon was not about shutting down Mormon Churches.  That was an interview before he declared his candidacy - all the way back to 2014 - about why Romney lost the elections.  Trump said to the interviewer that Romney lost because of his "alien faith" - which is not too far off into conspiracy theory land - my husband even believes this, that evangelicals stayed home because Romney is Mormon.  When the interviewer said he's Mormon, he tried to recalibrate to the side of political correctness - which, in all cases with Trump, always sounds awkward.

You gotta understand Trump-speak (called Trumpism) to understand the guy in the same manner that you have to get to know Ted Cruz to understand the guy.  For a political hack like me (several family members are running for office this year including one who is running for Congress and so I'm busy campaigning), it is frustrating to listen to a Trump rally.  I'd sit there preparing a campaign speech and here I listen to Trump giving one and I just sit there wishing he'd complete his sentences!  But see, he talks to a crowd of 30-thousand and just treats everybody like his mates - that they all know what he's getting at and it doesn't have to be spelled out.  He doesn't complete his sentences because his speeches move with the crowd.  The not-as-great rallies that he holds - I call them the stump speeches - are your normal boring political campaign rallies... yeah, you cheer when he says "The Wall" and that kind of thing (same as what you would see in any of the other political rallies including Bernie Sanders - who has more rabid fans than most), but it doesn't have that same personal connection... you can feel it in his speech - when you know he's just doing the motions.  In these "not his good day" speeches he completes his sentences.  He just gave one of those "not his good day speeches" last week - in Arizona... in that rally where the freeway got blocked by protesters.

And you'll have to give me a youtube video about that Billion thing.  He said the wall will cost $10-$12 billion but if any of the other guys are going to build it, it will cost at least double that.  The point is not about how much it cost.  The point is that whatever it cost, he'll be the one to do it on time and on-budget while all the others - because that's how government has worked forever - will spend more to get less.  This has been proven time and time again - exhibit A... Central Park Skating Rink.  He got tired of looking at that bloated project and he decided to do something about it - delivered on time and under-budget.  His campaign is a testament to this - least money, highest ranking.  The Democrat media is shouldering the cost of his Republican campaign.

Trumpism is not about the actual words used or even the actual figures used.  Remember - he is not focus-grouped-scrubbed-teleprompted.  He shoots from the hip.  Just like when I would show up at my brother's house and tell him... holy molly batman, Messi just scored a thousand points!  When all it was was a hatrick... and that's all because my point is not EXACTLY HOW MANY Messi scored.  My point is that it was amazing!

One thing you need to have to get used to to understand Trump - he doesn't speak like a politician.  He speaks more like Howard Stern than Larry King.  So, if you're gonna vote for Hillary because of that, then I can't help America.

Edited by anatess2

Guest MormonGator
2 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Yet, all... ALL... EVERY SINGLE PERSON... in his High School graduating class like/respect him.  Cruz, on the other hand, have high school and college classmates who say they don't like Cruz because he's a creep.

One, no. Not all people like or respect him. A person that controversial must have people who don't like him, even from back then. 

Second, and much more importantly-if you asked people in my HS class what they thought about me, they'd say nasty things too. "Oh he's a loser, a freak, an outcast." What you are in HS has no bearing whatsoever on what you are now-if you are still the same person you were back then-you've wasted your life. That doesn't mean I want to see if HS bullies are the same person-I don't care about them and never want to see them again. 

Guest MormonGator
2 hours ago, prisonchaplain said:

MormonGator, it may scare you to know you're thinking like a Pentecostal preacher. : -)  I had one tell me that very thing recently--that Trump is the high school bully. I'm guessing some of his supporters believe that he's what we need to stand up--both against international terrorism and domestic political correctness.

lol. Not scared at all. It's a compliment, in my view. I have nothing but respect for pentecostals. 

36 minutes ago, prisonchaplain said:

I'll be honest....I just read the article. However, I've seen enough to make my own assessments.

Cruz: I agree about 80% of the time with him. He's smart, but uncompromising. I worry that he'll miss a lot of good governance, because he's too quick to view compromise as moral weakness/cowardice.

Trump: I agree about 60% of the time, but truly fear that he will make some important decisions based on vindictiveness, and a poor "shoot-from-the-hip" assessment. IMHO, his core ideology is very small, and would probably track liberal Republican.

HRC: I agree about 20%. Your arguments against succeed in breaking my already-fractured heart over this election.  If she gets it I am hoping against hope that Bill can moderate her. She's smart, and might actually do a few good things.  The Supreme Court part scares me silly--but again, I'm hope that Bill can moderate her. 

You're hoping for Bill Clinton?  BILL CLINTON?  You think Bill Clinton wears the pants in that family???  Bill Clinton can't moderate Hillary.  Have you seen him lately?

Give me something about Trump that is the 20% difference with Cruz.

And about Vindictiveness - Hillary Clinton trumps ANYBODY on Vindictiveness.  By the end of the Clinton Oral Office scandal, Hillary has managed to make Ken Starr look like a greasy, disgusting pervert.  You think Bill Clinton moderated THAT?

What vindictiveness did Trump show?  He trashed Ivana on his book, yes.  Ivana was no lily-white princess, either.  But he never reneged on his prenup with her - he simply prevented her from clawing more money beyond the prenup.  But then he forgave her.  He hosted her 4th wedding even!

His core ideology does not align with major ideologies.  He doesn't stick to pre-defined pre-labeled camps.  Perfect example:  He donated to Billy Graham Charities and then donated to Gay Men's Health Crisis.  Both groups at their ideological throats.  He himself is on the side of Billy Graham on gay marriage.  But he doesn't care about the optics of donating to Gay Men being an anti-gay-marriage guy because he believes they need help with their health crisis.  Any other politician - Cruz, Rubio, Jeb, etc. etc., will not be caught dead donating to Gay Men's stuff because it is not good optics for their ideology.

So, what's his ideology?  Whatever makes common sense to him.  How do you know what that is?  You gotta understand the guy.  How do you do that?  Well... his life is public record.  He is a celebrity.  It's a time investment, yes.  But that's the only way to figure him out because he is a terrible communicator.

For example - he doesn't smoke, doesn't drink, doesn't do drugs, even avoids coffee... it's not because some missionary told him about the WOW.  Rather, his brother was an alcoholic, ruined his family, and died for it.  He is hands on with his kids because that's what he learned from his father.  He is pro-life because a close friend's child who is now doing great things with the Trump Organization was almost aborted.  His experiences having to deal with NYC politics as well as all the other cities he's in and including internationally rounds up his views on politics.

He's a political neophyte.  But he's not completely unaware.  He predicted 9/11 in the same way he predicted Brussels.  He pays attention.  Yes, what will define his Presidency is not necessarily what he knows but WHO he brings together to advice him.  But then, his children has been saying he's really good at bringing the right people together well before he declared his candidacy.  That Apprentice girl - Omarosa.  She's been everywhere saying good things about Trump.  Trump got interviewed and was asked if he'd hire Omarosa in the Trump Organization... he said, No.  He says she backstabs people.  She would be really great with Reality TV shows or those kinds of things where backstabbing is not an issue.  And Omarosa says, yep, that's Trump - you can endorse him, doesn't mean he'll endorse you!

26 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

One, no. Not all people like or respect him. A person that controversial must have people who don't like him, even from back then. 

Second, and much more importantly-if you asked people in my HS class what they thought about me, they'd say nasty things too. "Oh he's a loser, a freak, an outcast." What you are in HS has no bearing whatsoever on what you are now-if you are still the same person you were back then-you've wasted your life. That doesn't mean I want to see if HS bullies are the same person-I don't care about them and never want to see them again. 

All of his High School Class.  ALL 99 of Them.  Including the smallest kid... Trump was a big kid.  Trump was the captain of the Company (Military Academy) that had the smallest kid.  They would get into skirmishes (it's an All Boys School in the 60's.  Fighting was allowed back then)... and the smallest kid would sometimes end up on the other side of Trump.. the smallest kid said on an interview that he learned to "not lose" because of Trump.  Trump wouldn't give him an inch just because he's small - he says, you need to learn to use other ways to win a fight if you don't have the size.  So the smallest kid beat Trump with a stick.  And he said he had a tough time in High School but that he respected Trump.  He's one of the 99.

The difference with any other High School and the New York Military Academy is that regular High School is about reading, writing, arithmetic.  NYMA, like all military academies, is about building character.

Edited by anatess2

Guest MormonGator
8 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

All of his High School Class.  ALL 99 of Them.  Including the smallest kid... Trump was a big kid.  Trump was the captain of the Company (Military Academy) that had the smallest kid.  They would get into skirmishes (it's an All Boys School in the 60's.  Fighting was allowed back then)... and the smallest kid would sometimes end up on the other side of Trump.. the smallest kid said on an interview that he learned to "not lose" because of Trump.  Trump wouldn't give him an inch just because he's small - he says, you need to learn to use other ways to win a fight if you don't have the size.  So the smallest kid beat Trump with a stick.  And he said he had a tough time in High School but that he respected Trump.  He's one of the 99.

Again, none of that is relevant to what Trump is now. That was back in the 50's/60's. To be blunt, I don't believe your sources either. Out of a class that big, I am assuring you that many people didn't like him. 

9 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Again, none of that is relevant to what Trump is now. That was back in the 50's/60's. To be blunt, I don't believe your sources either. Out of a class that big, I am assuring you that many people didn't like him. 

I linked to you the source.  His other classmates piped in.  It's straight from the horse's mouth.

Edited by anatess2

Guest MormonGator

I linked to you the source.  All his other classmates piped in.  It's straight from the horse's mouth.

Right, and I don't believe your sources are valid. Even if they were-again, it doesn't matter. What you are in high school-and more importantly, what people think you are-is totally irrelevant. 

10 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Okay, sure, that was High School.

But then you have this interview from the Florida Attorney General just last month where she says she is endorsing Trump not because of anything you see on TV.  She knows him personally and knows the people who work for him in Florida.  All her experiences with Trump has been with a different guy than what she sees on TV.  She said that she hasn't met anybody who works for him in Florida who has a bad thing to say about him.  She said that kind of loyalty is impressive.

Guest MormonGator

Okay, sure, that was High School.

But then you have this interview from the Florida Attorney General just last month where she says she is endorsing Trump not because of anything you see on TV.  

That isn't valid either. She's endorsing him because Florida voted for him, and she wants to run for governor. It's not loyalty, it's pragmatic. 

And there's also Rush Limbaugh who has gotten to know Trump because of their common love for golf.

Now, we all know Rush is an ultra-conservative who would love to see Cruz win this thing.  Rush says the same thing about Trump that the Florida Attorney General said.

And by the way... she endorsed Trump before Florida primaries.  And no, she has never given an indication that she's gunning for governor.  If she was, she would have gone the same way as Rick Scott - endorsed whoever won Florida.  There's a reason Trump sweeped Florida even as it has both Rubio and Jeb in it.

Edited by anatess2

Guest Godless

Anatess - I honestly don't care what former classmates, career politicians, and FNC anchors have to say about Trump. The way he presents himself to the public is what matters most to me, and it's terrifying. I have no doubt in my mind that his personal views and mannerisms are a lot milder than what we see at his rallies, and that's probably what bothers me the most, the fact that he's deliberately using anger, fear, and xenophobia to drive his popularity. He's a businessman, and he knows that reactionary rhetoric is the key to winning the GOP vote, so that's how he's selling himself. He's deliberately dividing the American public in the most heated way possible. That's the act of a tyrant, not a leader. As far as his actual policies go, I probably align much more with him than Cruz, but frankly they both disgust me. 

Guest MormonGator
11 minutes ago, Godless said:

Anatess - I honestly don't care what former classmates, career politicians, and FNC anchors have to say about Trump. The way he presents himself to the public is what matters most to me, and it's terrifying. I have no doubt in my mind that his personal views and mannerisms are a lot milder than what we see at his rallies, and that's probably what bothers me the most, the fact that he's deliberately using anger, fear, and xenophobia to drive his popularity. He's a businessman, and he knows that reactionary rhetoric is the key to winning the GOP vote, so that's how he's selling himself. He's deliberately dividing the American public in the most heated way possible. That's the act of a tyrant, not a leader. As far as his actual policies go, I probably align much more with him than Cruz, but frankly they both disgust me. 

Godless-would you say you lean slightly to the left? Not an insult, just an honest question. Because I agree with everything you just said, and I don't lean left at all.. Interesting that people of all political stripes tend to agree on Trump. 

Edited by MormonGator

Guest Godless
7 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Godless-would you say you lean slightly to the left? Not an insult, just an honest question. 

I lean very far to the left. When I say that Trump is (probably) more politically compatible with my views than Cruz, that's the political equivalent of me saying that Britney Spears is more musically compatible with my tastes than Toby Keith. 

Guest MormonGator
8 minutes ago, Godless said:

I lean very far to the left. When I say that Trump is (probably) more politically compatible with my views than Cruz, that's the political equivalent of me saying that Britney Spears is more musically compatible with my tastes than Toby Keith. 

lol. That's awesome. 

41 minutes ago, Godless said:

The way he presents himself to the public is what matters most to me, and it's terrifying. 

You take how a politician presents their self to the public, as what matters most to you?  Thats... really interesting.  I guess.

What matters most to me is what a politician will do, once in office.  I'm not saying that's a point in Trump's favor, since we sort of don't know.  Whereas all the other insiders with decades of political or public career, yeah, we pretty much know. 

1 hour ago, Godless said:

I will agree with you on this much... he is a TERRIBLE communicator.  He would have been so much better if he would hire speech writers.  His AIPAC speech was a much better-tempered speech that still contained Trumpisms to connect with the crowd.  It's impressive to see a skeptical-of-Trump crowd give him more standing ovations than Cruz who they already know and like.  Hillary, on the other hand, decided to become a Republican.  She even lowered her pitch to counter the media-critique that she sounds screechy.  This made her speech sound like a Catholic Priest reading the Gospel.

Now, I wouldn't say he is deliberately using anger, fear, etc. to drive his popularity.  I've been following this election cycle closely (closer than previous cycles) because this election has some personal impact for me (long story).  To tell you the truth, I don't think Trump is driving his own popularity.  The Trumpsters are driving his popularity.  And they glommed onto Trump rather than Carson (my guy - for much of the same reasons that Trumpsters support Trump) because Trump is impervious to the media whereas Carson is having a hard time getting through.  He is the only one with the ability to go through the media and reach the people.  He is the only one that can blow up the demagoguery plaguing American politics - where if you say "we don't want Illegal Immigrants" or "we're going to police Muslims", you get labeled a xenophobe and if you say "I support law enforcement" you're a racist... or if you say, "I want to punch the guy in the face" you're hateful.

People are angry.  People are fearful.  That's the facts.  And they have every reason to be.  After the people handed over the government to their dyed-in-the-wool favored conservative and still nothing gets done and ISIS continues to march through Europe... the people are looking for a different solution.  Trump rallies are different in that Trump gives voice to the audience.  He allows them to move the rally forward instead of sticking to his own talking points.  This has never been done in the US before.  This happens in the Philippines all the time, so it's not new to me.  The US political campaigns are focus grouped, politically analyzed and stylized complete with handing audiences the questions to give an image of a town hall.  All answers have been previously prepared and focus grouped, etc.  Trump has no political analyst staff, no handlers, no focus groups.  He says what's in his head or what people tell him.  In his clumsy communicator abilities.  But it connects with the people.  Because the people are made part of it.  He doesn't tell people what they should feel, he doesn't tell people what they should think.  He says his piece and you're free to feel and think whatever you want to feel or think about it.  He says it all the time - "this is what I said, this is what I meant... if you took another meaning out of what I said, that's on you, not me."... which, I have to say, I say all the time too.  I get this all the time speaking English that is not my native tongue and having people twist what I say just because I used different words than what they would have used.  So, I get this.

But yes, I do prefer prepared speeches over Trump speeches.  Heck, I write a lot of them!  A lot of thought goes into a campaign stump speech... just to make sure nobody can use snippets of it to torpedo your campaign!  So, you kinda do it like how the Bible does it... you tell them what you're gonna say, then you say what you're gonna say, then you tell them what you just said.  This is what you are used to.  When a candidate gets mad, he has to decide whether it is better to say, "I'm disheartened... " or if it's more effective to say, "I'm deeply disappointed..." when what you really wanted to say was, "I wanna punch him in the face!"...  so, the polished speeches that you're used to... it takes years to cultivate that.  Hillary, Bernie, Rubio, Cruz, Kasich... they've been doing this for DECADES.  A Trump speech... well, except for the AIPAC one... it's just something he really has to figure out how to learn to do.

But I'd still take a Trump speech over your Hillary speech anyday.  The woman is sooooo controlled none of the real Hillary shows through.  And you know it! 

Edited by anatess2

1 hour ago, MormonGator said:

Right, and I don't believe your sources are valid. Even if they were-again, it doesn't matter. What you are in high school-and more importantly, what people think you are-is totally irrelevant. 

His classmates writing about their experience with Trump in high school is not valid?  What is more valid than that?

And sure, what he was in high school may not be who he is today.  But, this is in response to you saying he's a High School Bully.  Well, according to his classmates, he wasn't.