Temple Commute

Heather

I was so touched by this, I set it to music and uploaded it to YouTube:

My parents served in Johannesburg from 2000-2002, and I was able to visit them and spend some time with the wonderful Saints in Africa. I was truly moved by the sacrifices they made and the strength of their unwavering faith.

When my mum and dad got married they had to fly over to New Zealand because there were no temples in Australia.

When my mum was pregnant with me we went to sydney for the opening of the first australian temple (australia is about the same size as the USA)

In the past 5 years we have had another 4 temples open, one here in Brisbane where i live. I worked as an usher at the Temple Open House. Noone here does not appreciate having a temple so close, because only a few years ago it was a 2 day round trip to sydney by road, or a 4 hour plane flight.

New Zealand Temple is the best Temple :sparklygrin: We have to travel about 7 Hours on car to get to the temple ourselves. But we are actually the lucky ones. At least we are on the same Island as the Temple. People have to either drive a day, catch a ferry and travel 7 hours or catch a plane to the temple which would take about 2 hours. Its very humbling seeing the sacrifices that others have to make.

Acez ^_^

I used to go to CCNZ and woke up to see the NZ temple outside my window from the dorm. I used to do baptisms there. It would be good to go back and do an endowment session there

I have the opportunity to travel all the way to Utah this october for General Conference and do a session in the salt lake temple. I'll be away from my husband for a whole month travelling with my mum, dad and baby, visiting my brother in ogden and my sister in CA. Very exciting.

I was so touched by this, I set it to music and uploaded it to YouTube:

My parents served in Johannesburg from 2000-2002, and I was able to visit them and spend some time with the wonderful Saints in Africa. I was truly moved by the sacrifices they made and the strength of their unwavering faith.

Heather,

That was gorgeous. Even though I'm not longer a member, like Pam, I can not listen to Come Come Ye Saints without crying. I never could.

I also am passionate about Mormon history and constantly humbled when I read the stories of the pioneers crossing the plains. Watching these Saints pull their vehicles through the mud reminded me of the original pioneers' struggles. No, these Saints' struggles weren't as severe, but they obviously weren't very easy!

The last scene where the music swells and they are all standing before the temple is where I just lost it!

Elphaba

Guest Yediyd

I made it, and I still need to hold back the tears on that part as well.

I didn't bother to hold them back...thanks for that very moving story, Heather!!! My Temple is an hour away...but I feel very fortunate to live so close to the Palmyra Temple and the Sacred Grove. :D