Need something light

I am so powerful that mighty trees fall before me.

I am so harmless that I cannot hurt a flea.

I am so strong that a fall from the highest building will not harm me.

I am so weak that a fall into the ocean will destroy me.

What am I?

22 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

I am so powerful that mighty trees fall before me.

I am so harmless that I cannot hurt a flea.

I am so strong that a fall from the highest building will not harm me.

I am so weak that a fall into the ocean will destroy me.

What am I?

Rain?

I have been sick with bronchitis and staying home. Then when I went back to work, I fell and knocked the heck out of my knee. So, I stayed in and didn't go to church. Sometimes that can be a good thing. :D  

While I was home feeling sorry for myself, I cut up fabric for a rag wreath I am making, thanks to Pam's influence. These darned rags are gonna be the death of me. I should have started with a little frame, but no. I'll be cutting rags until the Millennium. 

I went to Relief Society and blotted my copybook. The ladies listed about 5 different activities, one of which was a Relief Society dinner. I asked if attendance was mandatory as I normally work during the hors when the activity is held, Saturday afternoon. I almost caused a riot. One of the sister opined that attendance at such activities should be mandatory to receive a temple recommend. What a bunch! It turns out that no, nothing special will occur at this meeting. I told them that I will attend but this is the last activity of the summer for me!

Guest MormonGator
8 minutes ago, mirkwood said:

Good day at the range.  We started out in the classroom.  The range master informed us that going hands on with the robotic targets was not an option.  I asked, "is a knife considered hands on?"  :D

Perfect score on the handgun.  Perfect score on the rifle. 

Quit lying to us Mirkwood. We all know you spend your off days with Michael Bloomberg in the "Every town for gun safety" campaign. You aren't fooling any of us .

52 minutes ago, Sunday21 said:

I went to Relief Society and blotted my copybook. The ladies listed about 5 different activities, one of which was a Relief Society dinner. I asked if attendance was mandatory as I normally work during the hors when the activity is held, Saturday afternoon. I almost caused a riot. One of the sister opined that attendance at such activities should be mandatory to receive a temple recommend. What a bunch! It turns out that no, nothing special will occur at this meeting. I told them that I will attend but this is the last activity of the summer for me!

a) What does "blotted my copybook" mean?

b) I'm trying to imagine a Relief Society riot and whether it would be entertaining. :)

c) "One of the sister opined that attendance at such activities should be mandatory to receive a temple recommend."  Seriously?!

d) Summer?!  We're barely into spring!

:D

4 minutes ago, zil said:

a) What does "blotted my copybook" mean?

b) I'm trying to imagine a Relief Society riot and whether it would be entertaining. :)

c) "One of the sister opined that attendance at such activities should be mandatory to receive a temple recommend."  Seriously?!

d) Summer?!  We're barely into spring!

:D

Blotted my copybook - made a social error-social faux pas- I behaved as I do in the office where if someone announces a meeting, I try to find out if the meeting has a purpose. If you can't give me a reason to attend, I don't go!

Relief Society Riot -the look my newly elected RS president gave me was one I have never before seen one the face of a Mormon woman!  We are a long way from Utah in a town of dying factories. Many of the people in my ward cannot understand that some people work 6 days a week. Such a thing really puzzles them. I attend the temple on a Saturday morning and then go to work in my office. One of the sisters who I gave a ride to the temple was completely baffled that I went into work on a Saturday. Whatever do you do there?, she asked. No one in their circle has ever been a professional. This is a real problem for me. There are a couple of professional women in my ward and we all have the same problem. Most professions require long hours of work beyond the 8 -6, and this is something that perplexes the members of my ward. 

This is summer for me because term is over so I gear up to do my real job of research. 

1 minute ago, Sunday21 said:

Blotted my copybook - made a social error-social faux pas- I behaved as I do in the office where if someone announces a meeting, I try to find out if the meeting has a purpose. If you can't give me a reason to attend, I don't go!

Meetings: Because None of Us Is as Dumb as All of Us

3 minutes ago, Sunday21 said:

Relief Society Riot -the look my newly elected RS president gave me was one I have never before seen one the face of a Mormon woman!

Wow! You elect your RS Presidents?  What was the campaign like? ;)

5 minutes ago, Sunday21 said:

Many of the people in my ward cannot understand that some people work 6 days a week. Such a thing really puzzles them. I attend the temple on a Saturday morning and then go to work in my office. One of the sisters who I gave a ride to the temple was completely baffled that I went into work on a Saturday. Whatever do you do there?, she asked. No one in their circle has ever been a professional. This is a real problem for me. There are a couple of professional women in my ward and we all have the same problem. Most professions require long hours of work beyond the 8 -6, and this is something that perplexes the members of my ward. 

Baffling.

I hope you enjoy your extra long summer. :D

43 minutes ago, Blackmarch said:

This was all caught on camera, no post editing cgi added.

That's a little difficult to accept. Maybe we're all too jaded.

Lehi

Edited by LeSellers

Just now, LeSellers said:

That's s little difficult to accept. Maybe we're all too jaded.

Lehi

high tech projectors, and extremely well done choreography involving actors, robots, projectors, and cameras. The only CGI that was done was what was created previously to project onto the various surfaces to help sell the illusion.

Edited by Blackmarch