Is polygamy necessary for exaltation?

3 minutes ago, omegaseamaster75 said:

@nothing You are new to the board. Just an FYI if you are out of step with the current narrative of the church you will gain no traction here.  No one here wants to hear about anything that may be out of line with what the Brethren say. 

Then that's the reason that the boards traffic was so slow when I showed up. I tried to get discussions going, even if the topics make people uncomfprtable. Otherwise it's just a board where everyone's preaching to the choir. Check the activity rate since I joined. You'll miss that when I leave.

4 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Everyone here treats me with respect, even when I differ from church teaching here or there. So it's okay to think for yourself 

Probably because you treat people with respect. 

3 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Everyone here treats me with respect, even when I differ from church teaching here or there. So it's okay to think for yourself 

My guess is you never defended the 10 of the 16 prophets that are sealed in polygamous sealings. You've probably never defended polygamy as a practice. Apparently that's the topic that sets everyone off but seems fine on other message boards with mature discussions that don't result in insulting my medications. I came here because the traffic of the board was next to nothing and I felt bad for the board so I wanted to boost some fun discussions. 

Guest MormonGator
12 minutes ago, Eowyn said:

I appreciate that. I do try, that's for sure. 

To me it's vital to remember this: There is a person on the other end of that computer screen. If you are obnoxious, rude, unbending or simply refuse to see the other persons POV-that shows very, very poorly on you. And your parents, for raising someone like that. 

Edited by MormonGator

5 minutes ago, Eowyn said:

I treated everyone with respect until carb got into a war with me and then it was me against the board. How do you think that makes me feel knowing everyone is against you?

Guest MormonGator
3 minutes ago, Zarahemla said:

My guess is you never defended the 10 of the 16 prophets that are sealed in polygamous sealings. You've probably never defended polygamy as a practice. 

No, I save that for my blog. To me it's another life choice, like how I view gay marriage (also in favor of it). 

Now, that doesn't mean I don't accept the church teachings on it. Totally different story between my religious views and how I think a government should be run. 

8 minutes ago, Zarahemla said:

Then that's the reason that the boards traffic was so slow when I showed up. I tried to get discussions going, even if the topics make people uncomfprtable. Otherwise it's just a board where everyone's preaching to the choir. Check the activity rate since I joined. You'll miss that when I leave.

Wow... just wow... 

9 minutes ago, Zarahemla said:

Traffic didn't slow down because you showed up you're not that special...It's been slow

5 minutes ago, NeedleinA said:

This doesn't happen by accident.

zzzz.jpg.9f4bee0054ba15a0fc55568f6b97125

If you think I'm not holding to the iron rod then you're judging my faith on here and I don't know if that's allowed.

Traffic didn't slow down because you showed up you're not that special...It's been slow

4 minutes ago, omegaseamaster75 said:

Why is it so slow when mormondialogue is so fast and respects differences in opinions more and mods don't all gang up on a poster.

3 minutes ago, omegaseamaster75 said:

You had to state that 3 times in 3 different places in the thread?

I'll mellow out and apologize to the whole board for how I acted. I just want carb to apologize to me. He is what's got me all riled up on these boards in the first place.

4 minutes ago, zil said:

No, he's the victim of the site's occasional "duplicate posts" error.  It's not his fault, it's a software / server glitch.

Are they going to fix the glitch?

3 minutes ago, Zarahemla said:

Are they going to fix the glitch?

I'm sure they're working on it, but it appears to be a difficult problem to fix (it usually happens when the site is being indexed and is slow in general).  Most of us have just learned to recognize that redundant posts are the server's fault and we either ignore them, or have fun with them.

4 minutes ago, zil said:

I'm sure they're working on it, but it appears to be a difficult problem to fix (it usually happens when the site is being indexed and is slow in general).  Most of us have just learned to recognize that redundant posts are the server's fault and we either ignore them, or have fun with them.

Thanks zil. You're one of the calm and nice ones on this board.

5 minutes ago, Zarahemla said:

Ok just come out and say it, who here doesn't like me and wants me to leave?

If everyone on the board left because someone didn't like them, no one would be here but me. ;)

3 minutes ago, Eowyn said:

If everyone on the board left because someone didn't like them, no one would be here but me. ;)

Apparently it's coming out that more and more people don't like me, not just 1. I'd dare say it's impossible to find one poster here that does like me or defend me. 

Guest MormonGator
4 minutes ago, Eowyn said:

LOL! That made me laugh out loud.