Changing Facebook. Not as easy as you'd think

Sunday21

my Facebook lists me as being from a small town in Utah. I have never set foot in the state. I don't know what happened in this town and I don't want to know. From the reaction that I get from people this town is connected with something extremely unpleasant. I prefer not to know. Anyway, I can't change it. I have looked on the web and many people have the same problem. Can't change their hometown. From reading on the web I cannot kill my Facebook posting and start again from scratch. There are two options, a permanent deletion or a temporary one that saves the settings. Do any of you bright people have a suggestion?

Edited by Sunday21

2 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

my Facebook lists me as being from a small town in Utah. I have never set foot in the state. I don't know what happened in this town and I don't want to know. From the reaction that I get from people this town is connected with something extremely unpleasant. I prefer not to know. Anyway, I can't change it. I have looked on the web and many people have the same problem. Can't change their hometown. From reading on the web I cannot kill my Facebook posting and start again from scratch. There are two options, a permanent deletion or a temporary one that saves the settings. Do any of you bright people have a suggestion?

The following assumes facebook.com in a web browser, not an app on a phone / tablet:

1. Click on your name at the top of the page (just left of "Home")
  2. Click on "About" below your picture
  3. Click on Places You've Lived
  4. On the right, on f them should be your hometown and if you mouse over that, an option should appear in the top right corner of the area with "Options" - click on that and you should get "Edit" as one of the options - and "Delete" as another.

Liz

While looking for that, I discovered that, yet again, Facebook are obsessed with reality and have no clue how to have fun.  For example, I found that there's a place asking how you pronounce your name.  I was so gonna have fun with that, but noooooo.  The only options are actual phonetic pronunciations.  Nowhere is there an option to write a statement like: "Well, it's a complex process involving airflow from the lungs through the vocal chords, combined with shape and movement of the lips and tongue, possibly involving the teeth and sometimes the roof of the mouth."

:mad:

12 hours ago, zil said:

The following assumes facebook.com in a web browser, not an app on a phone / tablet:

1. Click on your name at the top of the page (just left of "Home")
  2. Click on "About" below your picture
  3. Click on Places You've Lived
  4. On the right, on f them should be your hometown and if you mouse over that, an option should appear in the top right corner of the area with "Options" - click on that and you should get "Edit" as one of the options - and "Delete" as another.

Liz

Thank you Liz!!!! I am so glad I was able to change this. The looks people were giving me. Not sure what was going on in that town! Bless you!