Who Is Elegible For The Gifts Of The Spirit?

tiancum

What are the qualifications?

When the Lord decides to give a person one, many or ALL of these gifts, what do these people have in common?

And another question... Does Satan use counterfeits to these gifts, and how can we tell whether it comes from God or not?

Very good question.

now for the EV angle. When you summitt your life to Christ the Spirit of God comes to live in you as you are now temple of the Holy Spirit----------all you are as such have the capablity to manifest all of the gifts. What they have in common is that they are born again and willing to be used by the Spirit of God

Yes satan can produce counterfeits. Sometimes it can be diffacult to determine which it is coming from. But if from God it will be edifing--producing fruit and things of that nature

I believe that our spiritual gifts are pure and given at the time of our birth. Although Satan cannot touch our gifts, he can present evil opportunity to use them for sin.

Spiritual gifts are defined in 1st Corinthians 12:4-11 and are only available after a person repents, gives their life to Jesus and recieve the Spirit of God. which can not be the gifts you are talking about.

So what gifts are to talking about?

I think people imagine counterfeit spiritual gifts in terms like this:

Satan gives a person some miraculous ability to speak an unknown language.

Satan gives a person some miraculous ability to predict the future.

Satan gives a person some miraculous ability to heal a person.

etc. etc.

I think the more common counterfeits are those of men who want to portray some supernatural capability, but the practice is nothing more than slight of hand, distraction, etc. just as do those entertainers who call themselves magicians.

The true gifts of the spirit will lend to enlightenment and the uplifting and bringing of men closer to Christ.

A young missionary who is able to testify of Christ and teach from the scriptures in a foreign land in a diverse tongue has a gift of the spirit, a person babbling in the dark in an unknown tongue has nothing.

I have personally yet to see Satan give anyone any special abilities.

-a-train

I believe spiritual gifts are acquired by those that are prepared to receive the gift.

I am not sure I understand "giving yourself to Christ". I am convinced that those that say they have given themself to Christ and do not keep his commandments are more likely to have given themself to a false Christ. I see it this way.

1. Willing to covenant to keep the commandments (faith to commit to G-d's way) by covenant.

2. Willing to endure any trial that G-d may use to help prepare to receive his spirit.

3. A love of G-d and one's neighbor - I believe the gifts of the spirit are given after the trial of faith and often as an aid in a greater trial. Anyone can love a friendly neighbor of their same religion. This is not how I define loving your neighbor.

4. Given to those that offer a sacrifice of themselves (broken heart and contrite spirit)

5. Not use to make money or obtain position (simony is out) but a means to relieve others in their trials.

the Traveler

I am not sure I understand "giving yourself to Christ". I am convinced that those that say they have given themself to Christ and do not keep his commandments are more likely to have given them self to a false Christ. I see it this way.

I agree.

I believe, and this is my opinion, that what makes us eligible for these gifts is true repentance. I also believe that the only way to get closer, to have that intimate, close relationship, and someday actually see him face to face, is to truly repent. Sure, obedience is essential, but when Christ appears to his brethren/children, his first command (more often than not) is that they repent. (ya can't be obedient unless you start looking inward, stop blaming others and repent)

Someone once told me that true repentance is always coupled with revelation. There is always a cleansing, The dark in us is literally replaced with light, and something is taught from on high, or we have more ability to understand truth. At first, being stubborn, I resisted, but i am beginning to understand what this person meant.

I assert that it is impossible to manifest gifts of the spirit unless we are on the road to true and complete conversion.

Perhaps one who exhibits "false gifts" has not paid the price above.

I am not sure I understand "giving yourself to Christ". I am convinced that those that say they have given themself to Christ and do not keep his commandments are more likely to have given them self to a false Christ. I see it this way.

I agree.

I believe, and this is my opinion, that what makes us eligible for these gifts is true repentance. I also believe that the only way to get closer, to have that intimate, close relationship, and someday actually see him face to face, is to truly repent. Sure, obedience is essential, but when Christ appears to his brethren/children, his first command (more often than not) is that they repent. (ya can't be obedient unless you start looking inward, stop blaming others and repent)

Someone once told me that true repentance is always coupled with revelation. There is always a cleansing, The dark in us is literally replaced with light, and something is taught from on high, or we have more ability to understand truth. At first, being stubborn, I resisted, but i am beginning to understand what this person meant.

I assert that it is impossible to manifest gifts of the spirit unless we are on the road to true and complete conversion.

Perhaps one who exhibits "false gifts" has not paid the price above.

excellant post