Premortal Life?

ProDeo

34 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Jesus Christ was already God before He was born unto Mary and atoned for our sins.  The atonement did not make him God.  He did not need to come to earth to become God as He is already one.  He offered to come to earth for our sake.  His Spirit, therefore, is already perfect.  As a perfect spirit subjected to the veil, he is not subject to change even as he was stripped of knowledge of pre-mortal life.  He grew in stature and learned of the father precept upon precept as a mortal man but his Spirit - already perfect as it is, unlike our imperfect spirits - already knew Him.

I'm not sure why you think I disagree.

21 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Jesus Christ was already God before He was born unto Mary and atoned for our sins.  The atonement did not make him God.  He did not need to come to earth to become God as He is already one.  He offered to come to earth for our sake.  His Spirit, therefore, is already perfect.  As a perfect spirit subjected to the veil, he is not subject to change even as he was stripped of knowledge of pre-mortal life.  He grew in stature and learned of the father precept upon precept as a mortal man but his Spirit - already perfect as it is, unlike our imperfect spirits - already knew Him.

I do. In particular I disagree with this sentence, "As a perfect spirit subjected to the veil, he is not subject to change even as he was stripped of knowledge of pre-mortal life". For we read, "Yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered" (Heb 5:8). There is no lasting learning separate from the spiritual. Yes, before he came to earth Jesus was perfect in his sphere. And yet while here he grew to reach a new sphere. 

Edited by james12

3 hours ago, james12 said:

I do. In particular I disagree with this sentence, "As a perfect spirit subjected to the veil, he is not subject to change even as he was stripped of knowledge of pre-mortal life". For we read, "Yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered" (Heb 5:8). There is no lasting learning separate from the spiritual. Yes, before he came to earth Jesus was perfect in his sphere. And yet while here he grew to reach a new sphere. 

Yes.  I apologize for my misuse of "change".  God, in his perfection, continues to progress.  I dissociated progression with change.  My use of the word change was only limited to a digression.  Jesus' mortality did not diminish (for which I erroneously used the word change) his Godhood.