Implicit Association Test

NeuroTypical

Ok, so I'll try anything once.  Here's a pile of online tests from Harvard:    https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/selectatest.html

I took the "Gender-Career" test, which promises to tell me about my unconscious gender bias (i.e., my attitude may be part of the problem for women in the workplace).

Here is your result:
Your data suggest little or no automatic association between Female and Male with Career and Family..

I guess I passed.  The test was a bit more stressful and difficult than I anticipated. 

So take a test and post your results!  Are ya a bunch of bigoted prejudiced bad guys, or are ya a bunch of sanctified holy disciples of Christ?  (And yes, feel free to take strong issue with that last sentence. :))

Guest MormonGator
10 minutes ago, prisonchaplain said:

Any attempt to add to or speculate about this would end badly...very very badly! :eek:

Dude kept talking about a certain plant that made Colorado famous too. 

Guest LiterateParakeet

@NeuroTypical I find these teats fascinating. I'm jealous that you received such a neutral result.  I have not accomplished that on any of the tests I have done.  It was awhile ago, I'll do it again when I have a mintute. 

27 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Dude kept talking about a certain plant that made Colorado famous too. 

You mean the gloryherb?  Legalize it, mon, don't criticize it.  *

beispiel-dreadlocks-mit-geschlossenen-spitzen.jpg

Ooh!  And I also have no automatic preference between gay and straight people.  IOW, Harvard's test supports the notion that I follow the 2nd great commandment, and I love my neighbor as myself.  

* Full disclosure - no really - don't legalize MJ.  It does horrible things to humans. 

p.s. - I've never smoked marijuana, although I have had it offered to me.  I did steal one of my mom's cigarettes and take a few puffs once when I was like 5 years old. 

Edited by NeuroTypical

I'm guessing I'm pretty typical for the over-50 crowd:  slight association of career with male and family with female. Part of what kept me close to neutral is that both of my parents worked and both were close-to-equally involved in raising us.

Edited by prisonchaplain

I tried the male-female science-liberal arts one. I doubt my scores a bit because of the switching in the middle thing. I know the two separate tests for each condition was meant to offset that, but I still had to stop and remind myself that the keys were changed towards the end. To really trust the assessment, I'd have to retake it going the opposite direction in a couple months.