What Is "freemasonary" ?

Mahdi

<div align="center">In the name of Allah

Hi

Who knows what is "Freemasonary" and where you have heard of this word before?

Allah bless you

Hi Mahdi,

I personally don't know a great deal about freemasonry.

However, I found a couple of sites that might be helpful:

http://www.freemasonry.org/

http://mit.edu/dryfoo/Masonry/

There may be more helpful links elsewhere.

But these sites might be a good starting point.

There may also be some folk on this site who are Freemasons.

If so, they would be more qualified to answer any questions you might have.

Onyx

...Who knows what is "Freemasonary" and where you have heard of this word before?...

Here's a brief description:

Freemasonry is a fraternal organization that arose from obscure origins (theorised to be anywhere from the time of the building of King Solomon's Temple to the mid-1600s). Freemasonry now exists in various forms all over the world, and has millions of members. The various forms all share moral and metaphysical ideals, which include, in most cases, a constitutional declaration of belief in a Supreme Being.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemasonry

M.

Hi

Allah bless you

I am a Freemason. The word implies a man who works in Masonry (typically stone), and who is free born. Freemasons today are speculative, not operative.

Anything else?

<div class='quotemain'>

Hi

Allah bless you

I am a Freemason. The word implies a man who works in Masonry (typically stone), and who is free born. Freemasons today are speculative, not operative.

Anything else?

what about the speeding tickets??? does it work????..... :dontknow:

<div class='quotemain'>

Hi

Allah bless you

Anything else?

I have noticed that a lot of union workers believe that they are part of a religion. They are loyal dedicated firm believers. Is "freemasonary" a form of religion? What is Jacob's Ladder? What is the Rainbow Program?

I don't know about freemasons and speeding tickets...

but I do know from personal experience having your military ID in a position where it can easily been seen in your wallet when getting your drivers license out has helped on more then one occasion.

my wife has been pulled over 10-12 times since we have been married...never got a ticket....always let her go....me on the other hand...different story....pulled over 3 times....got 3 tickets.....GGGGGrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

Is "freemasonary" a form of religion?

No.

What is Jacob's Ladder?

Never heard of it outside of the Old Testament tale.

What is the Rainbow Program?

Rainbow Girls is one of two auxiliaries for young women. They have to have a male relative who is a Master Mason to join. Like the girl scouts, without the cookies.

<div class='quotemain'>

Is "freemasonary" a form of religion?

No.

What is Jacob's Ladder?

Never heard of it outside of the Old Testament tale.

What is the Rainbow Program?

Rainbow Girls is one of two auxiliaries for young women. They have to have a male relative who is a Master Mason to join. Like the girl scouts, without the cookies.

Jacob's ladder, which figures on the First Degree Tracing Board, ... he represents the cornerstone on which Freemasonry's spiritual Temple must be built.

<div class='quotemain'>

I don't know about freemasons and speeding tickets...

but I do know from personal experience having your military ID in a position where it can easily been seen in your wallet when getting your drivers license out has helped on more then one occasion.

my wife has been pulled over 10-12 times since we have been married...never got a ticket....always let her go....me on the other hand...different story....pulled over 3 times....got 3 tickets.....GGGGGrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you need to put on your best smile and talk like you are from Georgia.

I have noticed that a lot of union workers believe that they are part of a religion. They are loyal dedicated firm believers. Is "freemasonary" a form of religion? What is Jacob's Ladder? What is the Rainbow Program?

I can only assume that the "Rainbow Program" you speak of relates to the "Rainbow Girls" which is an auxillary to the Masons for teenage girls. There are other auxillaries, the DeMolay for the teenage boys, and the Eastern Star for the women. The Masons is a fraternal organization and is family centered who's goal is to take a good man and make a better man of him.

I don't know how to answer about union workers. Membership in a labor union is to take advantage of the collective barganing process with a company, but it is a secular organization.

No, Freemasony is not a religious organization, but for some members I think it comes close to serving as a substitute.

I've heard the Stonecutters' song, and they are very closely related to the freemasons... :lol:

Who controls the British Crown?

Who keeps the metric system down?

We do, we do!

Who keeps Atlantis off the maps?

Who keeps the Martians under wraps?

We do, we do!

Who holds back the electric car?

Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?

We do, we do!

Who robs cave fish of their sight?

Who rigs every Oscar night?

We do, we do!