Did your children ever not want to go to church? How did you handle it?

Lee

20 hours ago, Lee said:

At the moment I can't go to church because I can't leave my nephew home alone. So he won't see me going to church. I have to convince him somehow to go to church. How can I do that?

You already have the solution. You do the same thing you did when he didn't want to go to school. What would your wife have done if he didn't go to work with her*? You both have church obligations (just like your wife has work obligations), be there. Once he's at the building, he's there. He can be reverent and stay in the air conditioning, or disruptive and sit outside where there's no fun (just like at your wife's office).

* My kids grandma taught them "we can do it the easy way or the hard way, but we're going to do it". At 8, they still have hollow bird bones and you can pick them up and carry them to the car. And depending on your comfort level with his embarrassment, you can also flop him over your shoulder to put his dress pants on or just take him in his pajamas.