LDS Anarchy?

TheMartyrSpeaks

8 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Actually, he was forced to crowbar a few drops of begrudging respect out of himself after the MormonLeaks paystub reveal.  The senior leaders of our global church, who direct a massive financial empire, and occasionally can influence geopolitics, well, they make about as much a year as a pastor over a mid-sized congregation somewhere in the midwest.  It sort of goes against what he expects from all evil institutions - the few at the top live lives of luxury and privilege.  Not really true in my church.  Our top leaders get to leave their wage earning days behind, and keep up a travel schedule that would kill you or me, with only 2 weeks vacation a year, attending what amounts to the same 10 meetings over and over again.  Until they die.  No drugs or hookers anywhere to be seen.  It's fun watching him beat his head against the obvious truth - they do it because they believe in what they're doing.  Best he can come up with, is they do it to sucker the world into thinking they believe it, and that's how they get us.  :)

In fact, as a former head of our public affairs department pointed out, the stipend amounts to about the same as the tithing associated with the previous earnings for some of our leaders. And retirement is....well you know what I mean!

17 hours ago, Just_A_Guy said:

The BLS in this case corroborates with @JohnsonJones‘ data:

https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes212011.htm

BLS counts people like Catholic Priests in the statistics - those who technically do not receive a paycheck but a stipend and pays US taxes on them.  Catholics will always pull these stats down.  So, for example - Georgetown U (run by Jesuits) - have salary stats (can't provide the link because you have to buy the thing - I got the info from a priest trying to convince boys to join the Catholic priesthood)  for Catholic priests and laity and compared it to other religious organizations.  The 2016 stats show Catholics have a median income of $45K while Episcopalians have a median income of $75K.

So, I don't know what the guy looked at when comparing LDS leadership with other faiths but I guess it's not BLS because he came up with the same conclusion as @Vort.

Edited by anatess2