Baptism Date Set

Tyme

Baptism is the entrance to the path leading toward eternal life with Heavenly Father.  The journey has been ongoing for me for about thirty years with my membership in Christ's Restored Church.  Congratulations on your wonderful decision to become a saint.

10 minutes ago, Midwest LDS said:

That's so awesome, way to go @Tyme we are ecstatic for you!

I’m a little uneasy about it because I’m relying on the Apostles testimony of the family. It’s not really something I have a testimony of. I guess I don’t see a difference between myself and children or even young adults relying on the testimony of their parents. At times don’t even the people farthest on their discipleship journey rely on others testimonies? An example would be somebody going through a faith crisis. It seems better to rely on somebody else’s testimony than have none. What’s your thoughts disciples?

2 hours ago, Tyme said:

I’m a little uneasy about it because I’m relying on the Apostles testimony of the family. It’s not really something I have a testimony of. I guess I don’t see a difference between myself and children or even young adults relying on the testimony of their parents. At times don’t even the people farthest on their discipleship journey rely on others testimonies? An example would be somebody going through a faith crisis. It seems better to rely on somebody else’s testimony than have none. What’s your thoughts disciples?

Sometimes they do, and that's okay for a while. It's like how it's better to obey the commandments because you (generic) are afraid of getting in trouble, rather than break them. Ideally, you (generic) would one day obey because you love God, but you have to start somewhere. In your (specific) case, you are trying to do the right thing, even though you are relying on other's testimonies to strengthen your own. Remember what it says in Alma 32:27 

"27 But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words".

You can absolutely work on strengthening your testimony a little at a time, just as the Zoramites' poor did. Also, remember the father whose child was afflicted by an evil spirit in the Bible. He came to the disciples first, who could not heal the child, so he brought him to the Lord in Mark 9:23-25

"23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
            24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
            25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him."

This unamed man could not banish his unbelief entirely, yet he came before the Lord anyway, and begged for help overcoming his doubt. You can do the same thing brother. Do what's right now, and ask the Lord to help you with your unbelief.

Edited by Midwest LDS

We're on your corner, @Tyme!   It's awesome that you have a date set!

The best way to deal with challenges is to simply set a lifetime goal of being better today than you were yesterday.  One baby step closer to Christ.  And, as we're not perfect, sometimes we fail today.  But that's ok... there's always tomorrow. 

Edited by anatess2