Changes of President Nelson

During my recent reading I came across these verses. I feel that we are beginning to see the fulfillment of this prophecy. Especially verse 17:

2 Nephi 14

14 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God, that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb, and upon the covenant people of the Lord, who were scattered upon all the face of the earth; and they were armed with righteousness and with the power of God in great glory.

15 And it came to pass that I beheld that the wrath of God was poured out upon that great and abominable church, insomuch that there were wars and rumors of wars among all the nations and kindreds of the earth.

16 And as there began to be wars and rumors of wars among all the nations which belonged to the mother of abominations, the angel spake unto me, saying: Behold, the wrath of God is upon the mother of harlots; and behold, thou seest all these things—

17 And when the day cometh that the wrath of God is poured out upon the mother of harlots, which is the great and abominable church of all the earth, whose founder is the devil, then, at that day, the work of the Father shall commence, in preparing the way for the fulfilling of his covenants, which he hath made to his people who are of the house of Israel.

Edited by Emmanuel Goldstein

3 Nephi 21: 7, 20-29

7 And when these things come to pass that thy seed shall begin to know these things—it shall be a sign unto them, that they may know that the work of the Father hath already commenced unto the fulfilling of the covenant which he hath made unto the people who are of the house of Israel.

20 For it shall come to pass, saith the Father, that at that day whosoever will not repent and come unto my Beloved Son, them will I cut off from among my people, O house of Israel;
21 And I will execute vengeance and fury upon them, even as upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.
22 But if they will repent and hearken unto my words, and harden not their hearts, I will establish my church among them, and they shall come in unto the covenant and be numbered among this the remnant of Jacob, unto whom I have given this land for their inheritance;
23 And they shall assist my people, the remnant of Jacob, and also as many of the house of Israel as shall come, that they may build a city, which shall be called the New Jerusalem.
24 And then shall they assist my people that they may be gathered in, who are scattered upon all the face of the land, in unto the New Jerusalem.
25 And then shall the power of heaven come down among them; and I also will be in the midst.
26 And then shall the work of the Father commence at that day, even when this gospel shall be preached among the remnant of this people. Verily I say unto you, at that day shall the work of the Father commence among all the dispersed of my people, yea, even the tribes which have been lost, which the Father hath led away out of Jerusalem.
27 Yea, the work shall commence among all the dispersed of my people, with the Father to prepare the way whereby they may come unto me, that they may call on the Father in my name.
28 Yea, and then shall the work commence, with the Father among all nations in preparing the way whereby his people may be gathered home to the land of their inheritance.
29 And they shall go out from all nations; and they shall not go out in haste, nor go by flight, for I will go before them, saith the Father, and I will be their rearward.

@Emmanuel Goldstein I believe you are on to something but it did not start with President Nelson.  Since that day in April 1830 when the church was organized there have been changes.  As it was necessary for the church to grow - and as the church grew there were changes to accommodate the growth.

Then after the church was sufficiently established and for a time the changes were few and far between.  It would seem the with President McKay there were a few changes - then as time continued there were more changes and the changes seemed to be more often.  It seems to me that the frequency of changes continues to grow so that now under President Nelson there are changes at ever conference.

But we have been warned that the frequency of changes will continue to increase.  I think the reason is obvious.  The changes are necessary.  So I wonder???? if the time is short and there are lots more changes necessary - as the time draws nearer the more there will be more changes.

The Traveler

I don't know about these changes.  I'll tell you how it has negatively effected me in my Church activity.

• I no longer do any home teaching. 
  • My wife has completely stopped her visiting teaching.
  • I don't attend high priest group meetings anymore.
  • I don't attend the third hour of church anymore.  Neither does my wife or family.
  • We now have to put up with even younger kids serving the sacrament.
  • And I'm no longer a member of the Mormon Church.
Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, Carborendum said:

I don't know about these changes.  I'll tell you how it has negatively effected me in my Church activity.

• I don't attend the third hour of church anymore. 

This is blatant Fake News.

And ironic.

Because... you wrote it on third hour.

Just now, anatess2 said:

This is blatant Fake News.

And ironic.

Because... you wrote it on third hour.

Picky-picky.  Allow me to be picky.

I don't attend the third hour of church anymore. 

Hah!!! Gotcha!!! neener neener!!!

1 hour ago, Traveler said:

I have pondered this thread - I am thinking that there are many changes in the church but such changes are for not unless we come to realize that the greatest and most changes that are needed are in us.

The Traveler

I think as we go through the Come follow Me curriculum as a family the change for us will be these:

D&C 121

45 Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven.
46 The Holy Ghost shall be thy constant companion, and thy scepter an unchanging scepter of righteousness and truth; and thy dominion shall be an everlasting dominion, and without compulsory means it shall flow unto thee forever and ever.