Ah, tax season

Backroads

The husband and I filed our taxes early this year, like responsible folk on top of these. We are now at four weeks past the tax return being accepted with nothing.

And apparently it's a fairly big problem.

We try to avoid depending on a tax return, and we're not hurting, so now I'm just sort of watching in amused annoyance at the situation.

I'm kind of at the point where I'll just wait for the government to owe me interest.

23 hours ago, Backroads said:

The husband and I filed our taxes early this year, like responsible folk on top of these. We are now at four weeks past the tax return being accepted with nothing.

And apparently it's a fairly big problem.

We try to avoid depending on a tax return, and we're not hurting, so now I'm just sort of watching in amused annoyance at the situation.

I'm kind of at the point where I'll just wait for the government to owe me interest.

Did you file on your own? Or did you use an accountant?  Did you file electronically?

If you filed yourself, and did not file electronically, you need some sort of verification that it was actually received.  It might have gotten lost in the mail, or some such calamity.

8 hours ago, Carborendum said:

Did you file on your own? Or did you use an accountant?  Did you file electronically?

If you filed yourself, and did not file electronically, you need some sort of verification that it was actually received.  It might have gotten lost in the mail, or some such calamity.

Used a service. It was received, but stuck in processing. I actually joined a tax group and learned it's affected quite a few people. It's kind of been fun to watch the chaos.

My accountant (who's also my mother) submitted about 12 returns the day she submitted mine ~3 weeks ago.  Everyone else got theirs in a few days, min is still ????.   It's not the end of the world if it comes late, but it would be nice to have things resolved.