Utah/Idaho people, what are some cool places?

Backroads

An odd question, but I think we have a fair amount of people from these states. 

The story is I'm trying to find a virtual field. Why a virtual field trip? I teach virtual school and my kids are spread all over the great state of Utah, plus no one seems to know if we're allowed to meet together for other field trips. The rest of the story: the state is giving us money for virtual learning opportunities. I found one field trip that I'm excited about...but we have to run everything through DonorsChoose. And... my one field trip doesn't cost quite enough. Which means, hey, no problem, we can do another field trip, hooray! But golly, I'm struggling to find a cool place that would offer a virtual field trip experience that actually costs money (though now as I type this, I wonder if I couldn't get one of them to accept some sort of donation in return for an invoice I can use). 

Anywho, my brain is frozen on cool places that would work for this, so those of you that get out more, does anything come to mind? 

2 hours ago, Backroads said:

An odd question, but I think we have a fair amount of people from these states. 

The story is I'm trying to find a virtual field. Why a virtual field trip? I teach virtual school and my kids are spread all over the great state of Utah, plus no one seems to know if we're allowed to meet together for other field trips. The rest of the story: the state is giving us money for virtual learning opportunities. I found one field trip that I'm excited about...but we have to run everything through DonorsChoose. And... my one field trip doesn't cost quite enough. Which means, hey, no problem, we can do another field trip, hooray! But golly, I'm struggling to find a cool place that would offer a virtual field trip experience that actually costs money (though now as I type this, I wonder if I couldn't get one of them to accept some sort of donation in return for an invoice I can use). 

Anywho, my brain is frozen on cool places that would work for this, so those of you that get out more, does anything come to mind? 

Southern UT:

- Arches National Park

- Zion National Park

- Capital Reef National Park

- Snow Canyon State Park

- Bryce Canyon National Park

- Cedar Breaks State Park

- Escalante

- Moab

Northern UT:

- Park City

- Salt Flats

- Peter Sinks (coldest place in the continental USA)

- Antelope Island

- Salt Lake

- this is the place state park

- SLC temple

- Bear Lake

Edited by Fether

15 hours ago, Fether said:

Southern UT:

- Arches National Park

- Zion National Park

- Capital Reef National Park

- Snow Canyon State Park

- Bryce Canyon National Park

- Cedar Breaks State Park

- Escalante

- Moab

Northern UT:

- Park City

- Salt Flats

- Peter Sinks (coldest place in the continental USA)

- Antelope Island

- Salt Lake

- this is the place state park

- SLC temple

- Bear Lake

One of the least known and most spectacular National Parks in Southern Utah is Natural Bridges National Monument.

In norther Utah is the Uinta National Forest Wilderness.

The Traveler

I'm not in Utah, but some of the places we visited were Dead Horse Point, Escalante Petrified Forest, Fremont Indian Museum, and Goblin Valley.  I'm not sure if any of those have virtual tours, but you could call the park office and see if you could set one up with a park guide who walks around the park (Fremont Indian Museum would be one of the easiest to see some of the bigger sites with a very short walk if I recall, it being about a half mile walk to see some of the bigger things right around their museum center).

These are all state parks and have their sites with phone numbers here

Discover Utah State Parks

Idaho has some interesting national parks that no one really investigates or knows about, as well as bordering some others.  Yellowstone is right there next to Idaho, and you also have Craters of the Moon (where I think they practiced for the Moon landings).  Looking up National Parks in Idaho I found some interesting things.  Top of my google search was City of Rocks National Reserve, but of more interest was the Minidoka National Historic Site (which talks about the Japanese interment, which would be a very interesting thing to go to with my SiL).

State Parks also have a thing with Idaho where if you call them you may be able to set up an appointment to have a virtual tour by calling their offices.  The link to the Idaho State Parks hub is

Idaho Parks and recreation