Having a rough time at church

Jane_Doe

21 minutes ago, scottyg said:

...Ken Coleman who is next to Dave Ramsey in this video has a great youtube channel with all kinds of career advice.

Fun fact:  One of the two college friends that I keep in contact with is named Ken Coleman.  And he has some things to say about career advice as well.  I had never heard of this guy on the video, so I was wondering if he was my friend.  Alas, no.

But my friend, Ken, is probably the most positive, happy guy I've ever known. So, how on earth did he and I get to be such good friends?

If you hate your job, I recommend you move. I cannot remember a time when the job market was this favorable to the employee in my lifetime.

OH MY GOSH! YES!!!

On the flip side there are people like me.  I always tell my children that if you want to make a lot of money, you need to do something that most people either:

• Don't have the ability/training to do OR
  • Don't have the desire to do.

While engineers usually make above average salary, I've found that I'm on the upper end of most engineers because I am willing to work for companies that have trouble with turnover.  They tend to have heavy turnover because work conditions absolutely suck.  So, I find clients who are tough to work for and who have jobs that most people don't have the background to do.  I just figure, if they're desperate, they're willing to let me take some time to learn another discipline.  So, I keep learning to do things few others do simply because no one else is willing to work with these guys.

If your job sucks AND it pays poorly, then get the freak out of there.  There are PLENTY of other jobs in today's market.

One major client just had two high level people quit over the course of the past week simply because they couldn't take it anymore (and I don't blame them).  Neither had a place to go.  They just refused to deal with all the shazbot that goes on there.  Since I've made a career strategy of this, I've figured out strategies to deal with it.  And they are absolutely terrified that I may quit as well.

Edited by Carborendum