AI

popatr

7 hours ago, Vort said:

It's sort of like Satan reclaiming his ancient title of Lucifer; absurd, perhaps even offensive, but deep down it's a nice thought.

In the movies, Vader's story is what they call a "redemption arc".  Someone else had that word before hollywood.

Vader wasn't satan, just a slave boy with a dead mother who decided to go down dark paths and did many evil things, but still chose good right before he died.

I'm not exactly sure if anyone would have given him a calling involving children after, well, murdering all the younglings, but they tell me a good way to love thy neighbor is to see a possible future with them attending the temple with you.

10 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

In the movies, Vader's story is what they call a "redemption arc".  Someone else had that word before hollywood.

Vader wasn't satan, just a slave boy with a dead mother who decided to go down dark paths and did many evil things, but still chose good right before he died.

I'm not exactly sure if anyone would have given him a calling involving children after, well, murdering all the younglings, but they tell me a good way to love thy neighbor is to see a possible future with them attending the temple with you.

From what I understand, Lucas originally intended Star Wars to be the story of Anakin Skywalker.

1 - 3 would be his fall, 4 - 6 would be his redemption, and 7 - 9 would be his legacy. 

Lucas was able to do 4 - 6 with the budget and technology of the late 1970s / early 1980s, but had to wait until the 1990s to actually do 1 - 3. By then he was so old that he flinched at the prospect of trying to do 7 - 9, which is part of why he sold off. But Kathleen Kennedy completely ignored his intentions, which is why virtually all Kennedy-era productions are reviled by the bulk of the fandom.