Retrospective on Power Substation Attack

Carborendum

On 2/7/2023 at 4:06 PM, mordorbund said:

That doesn't seem to match their MO. Don't they usually leave ambiguous nooses to sign their work?

Unsure. Even though I have blonde hair and blue eyes, I‘m not a neo nazi. I don’t know what symbols they use, lol! 

Edited by LDSGator

On 2/2/2023 at 1:26 PM, Carborendum said:

Although this particular video is both informative and scary it is far from complete.  Within our infrastructure there are 3 areas that are very vulnerable upon which we rely upon a great deal.  Here we have one – the electrical power grid.  The other two are our clean water supply and our gasoline and natural gas supply.

The video highlighted a couple of factors that put our electrical power at risk.  The fact that transformers are not warehoused is one and the other is that (because they seldom fail) are not manufactured in the USA and take some time to order new.  Lucky for us the terrorist did not understand how to do more damage and cause a cascading effect – which BTW has taken place naturally.  A well organized attack could take down (I estimate) ¾ of our national grid leaving close to 90% of our country without electrical power.  And in such an attack it would take years (not months) to restore all the damaged infrastructure.

Our clean water infrastructure is much more dispersed – even in small but very populated areas – but water is a rather easy target especially for a biological or chemical agent.  A well-coordinated effort on a national scale could not only be difficult to recover but could cause danger to life as well.

Our gasoline and natural gas is vulnerable at several levels from drilling to transportations (mostly pipe lines and tanker {ships and their ports}) to refineries and distribution centers.  This infrastructure is more distributed than the electrical power grid but must less than for clean water.

My last concern in creating this post comes in part from my military training.  If we were to be attacked by another power structure – damage to our infrastructure could be a prelude to a full scale invasion.   The reason that I am concerned is because our borders are clearly open to both unknown and unwanted hostel illegals. It is possible that a well trained and highly organized fifth column could be placed within our borders waiting for a predetermined optimum and organized moment.  Small scale of 1 to 5 individuals operating independently but coordinated, could easily wreak havoc.  

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler