Nataional Commentator Calls Mormonism 'demented, Ridiculous

ron

How can this guy Larry O'Donnell say these things on national TV get away with this kind of religious bigoted talk about the LDS Church and still be on McLaughlin group and remain a senior political analyst on msmbc?

What if would have said similar things about Islam? What would the outcry be?

Just part of what he said talking about Romney

"His religion is based on the work of a lying, fraudulent, criminal named Joseph Smith who was a racist, who was pro-slavery, whose religion was completely pro-slavery.

"He was given an opportunity to distance himself from the evils of his religion, and he didn't. "

"Joseph Smith was a slavery champion, the inventor of this ridiculous religion. "

"His religion is full of crazy beliefs. Everyone on this panel thinks his religion is full of crazy beliefs. Everyone of us does "

You can read what he said and watch a video of it here: [DELETED]

Please do not link to anti-Mormon rhetoric on these boards, thanks.

As you yourself observed, O'Donnel is an ignorant bigot who needs no help from us in spreading his foolishness.

Honos

How can this guy Larry O'Donnell say these things on national TV get away with this kind of religious bigoted talk about the LDS Church and still be on McLaughlin group and remain a senior political analyst on msmbc?

He probably won't be asked back on the show. LDS Members need to email MSNBC and the McLaughlin Group.

You can read what he said and watch a video of it here: [DELETED]

Please do not link to anti-Mormon rhetoric on these boards, thanks.

As you yourself observed, O'Donnel is an ignorant bigot who needs no help from us in spreading his foolishness.

Honos

I only linked to it so you could know what he said to complain about it.

I only linked to it so you could know what he said to complain about it.

Complain about it? The more the Church gets attention the better. we should be thanking him. As Brigham Young said, you can only kick Mormonism upward.

The fact is when people like him make outrageous statements in a public setting, it makes us look far more credible.

Complain about it? The more the Church gets attention the better. we should be thanking him. As Brigham Young said, you can only kick Mormonism upward.

The fact is when people like him make outrageous statements in a public setting, it makes us look far more credible.

Maybe. But a lot of people believe that stuff or are willing to believe it. Another Wash reporter came out today with more anti church garbage was never mainstream until recently. Sure it may make some people curious but it also poisons the thinking of a lot of people so they never give the Church a chance.

Politics is nasty anyway, but you add to the mix religious beliefs of misunderstood Church and it's much worse.

Remember what John said, something to the effect, "If they hate you, be of good cheer becasue they hated me first." We will always be hated, only a remnant will see the light. Aren't those the same things that were said of the Savior? Remember, we are builders not destroyers.

I guess these guys, as liberal as they are would have made good Saducees - who did not believe in Christ as the SAviour of the world - it was 'Sad-u-cee'.

Doesn't seem fair does it? :-)

Abraham

I read the transcript today of the interview with Larry O'Donnell on the Howard Hewett Show. Howard was awesome. Never seen the show, but I enjoyed how he pointed out Larry's obvious hypocrisy. As I saw the footage on the McLaughlin Group, I thought he must be Atheist, but I was very surprised to learn that he is Catholic. He expects Romney to denounce his religion because of certain things in our history, but does Larry have to denounce Catholicism? No. His reason? Because Catholics have a very "elastic" relationship with the church. What a cop-out.

Maybe. But a lot of people believe that stuff or are willing to believe it. Another Wash reporter came out today with more anti church garbage was never mainstream until recently. Sure it may make some people curious but it also poisons the thinking of a lot of people so they never give the Church a chance.

Politics is nasty anyway, but you add to the mix religious beliefs of misunderstood Church and it's much worse.

True, I too think this is so. If people keep bashing the LDS church and saying harsh things about it; people who don't know the real truth(in what LDS people stand for and believe). Are going to believe in the nasty stuff as truth. Shouldn't we (LDS)do more by standing up for what we believe in, and speak the truth?

Plus, here is another thing I don't like; if we(LDS)continue to say that we are Christians then why don't we just call ourselves "Christian" in ads(and other things) than continue calling ourselves "Mormon"? When we were baptised we weren't baptised in the name of "mormon" but in the name of "Christ"! I don't mind the being called "LDS" (abbrevation thing) because that is in the title of the church not "mormon"! Your thoughts