Increase in LDS youth serving full time missions

Traveler

There's actually a small-scale religious awakening going on right now, with denominations that actually hold their members to a higher standard seeing growth to various degrees as people look for something authentic to counter-act what's happening in society. 

1 hour ago, Traveler said:

Who would have thought?

Mormon?  See, for example, Helaman 6 (~30 years before the Lord came - I read this recently and wondered if we wouldn't have something similar before the Second Coming - converts having to teach life-long members who had fallen into wickedness).  See also 3 Nephi 1 - massive conversion followed by wickedness 2-3 years later (signs are not a good foundation for conversion).  I figure in the age of "smart" phones, where people have a 2-second attention span, it might take 2 hours to turn back to wickedness (if that)...  Whatever the case, these seem to me like types that will be repeated before the Second Coming.  The whole world in commotion (including conversions and falling away).