• Jehovah's Witness
    • Southern Baptist
    • Pentecostal
    • Evangelical

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im very grateful to know that this church is true.And we have a living prophet who are guiding each in every one.I know that the Book of Mormon is true it keeps me strong evrytime im reading it.Thank you so much to be part of this site.And i know that Jesus Christ loves us.In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.:)" True happiness on earth and eternal joy hereafter come from living the covenants we make with the Lord"

Edited by Genevieve
wrong spelling

hello everyone. i am brand new here, and i wanted to send a warm greeting out and tell you a little about myself. i was born in the united states to tibetan parents. i have been a follower of buddhism my whole life. i have always been curious about lds people and have admired you from afar. i cannot claim to know a lot about who you are and in what you believe, but from the little i have read, i find you to be a remarkable people with values similar to my own. i was very excited when i discovered this lovely website! i hope that this is the beginning of a wonderful friendship and hope, in time, we can understand more about each other and what we believe. i bid all of you the warmest of greetings. may buddha shin with compassion upon you today and every day. if any of you have anyquestions at all about buddhists or our beliefs, even mundane everyday things, please feel free to ask me. i am not easily offended. i am sure i will have many questions for you as well.

Guest Godless

Question if I may! Have you been a life on member or a convert? Did you not receive a testimony of this church? Did you just get worn out being a Mormon 7 days a week. And why have you not removed your name for the church records!

I know this question was directed at YellowLight, but I'll go ahead and answer it as well since I'm more or less on the same boat he is.

I was born and raised in the LDS church to parents who are both converts and remain very faithful members to this day. My testimony was basically either very weak or non-existant, though I always showed a keen interest in learning church doctrine. I loved Institute because of all of the new things I learned there about LDS teachings and beliefs. However, I just couldn't bring myself to believe any of it. I stopped attending church after I moved out of my parents house and now consider myself an atheist. I haven't had my name removed from the records for a couple of reasons. First, I haven't been bothered by missionaries or any other church authorities in the last few years, so the "leave me alone" factor that some apostates experience isn't there. Second, my parents would be heartbroken if they found out, and I don't want to do that to them.

I know this question was directed at YellowLight, but I'll go ahead and answer it as well since I'm more or less on the same boat he is.

I was born and raised in the LDS church to parents who are both converts and remain very faithful members to this day. My testimony was basically either very weak or non-existant, though I always showed a keen interest in learning church doctrine. I loved Institute because of all of the new things I learned there about LDS teachings and beliefs. However, I just couldn't bring myself to believe any of it. I stopped attending church after I moved out of my parents house and now consider myself an atheist. I haven't had my name removed from the records for a couple of reasons. First, I haven't been bothered by missionaries or any other church authorities in the last few years, so the "leave me alone" factor that some apostates experience isn't there. Second, my parents would be heartbroken if they found out, and I don't want to do that to them.

Good call, Godless. Life is a real adventure, we must live it the best way we know how. Keep your options open, and seek the truth in all things -- (which I know, you are already doing).

HiJolly

I believe I know what you're missing. Correct me if I'm wrong. Have you ever asked God if this was true? And if you do not believe that there is a God, then you'll know that He's there after you pray. I know without a doubt that there is a God, because He himself has told me through the power of prayer.

Guest Godless

I believe I know what you're missing. Correct me if I'm wrong. Have you ever asked God if this was true? And if you do not believe that there is a God, then you'll know that He's there after you pray. I know without a doubt that there is a God, because He himself has told me through the power of prayer.

With all due respect, I am missing nothing. Some people may feel lost and incomplete without God in their lives, but such is not the case with me. I appreciate your concern though.