What your thinking..

Guest combichrist

Guest combichrist

Just wanted to say hello on my first post. Hello!

And just wanted to know how many of you grew up LDS and how many of you are converts?

I was born to an awesome LDS family, baptized when 8 (felt very good about it), increased in testimony through the spirit all my life. I've known the church is true for many, many years. Since then I've never felt otherwise no matter how much malicious anti junk I've come across. None of it makes a hill of beans difference to me since I know God is wiser than all of us put together.

I was born into the church, and have been converted more than once since then. In fact, I think I am continualy in the conversion process, and always look back and think, "wow, I used to think I had a testimony, now I see it wasn't anything compared to now!"

I figure if I live to be reeeeealllly OLD, I could get good! This conversion process is work! LOL.

Sister of Jared

I was born to an awesome LDS family, baptized when 8 (felt very good about it), increased in testimony through the spirit all my life. I've known the church is true for many, many years. Since then I've never felt otherwise no matter how much malicious anti junk I've come across. None of it makes a hill of beans difference to me since I know God is wiser than all of us put together.

The amazing thing is I've never read a shred of "anti-junk". My research has been from purely pro-Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith, Restoration of the Gospel materials and it still led me out of the LDS church.

Hidden

That is quite interesting. It points, perhaps, to your desire to live your life unencumbered by the Gospel. I would caution you because it seems like a dangerous strategy my brother. Acknowledgment of the truth but failing to act on it can be interpreted as rebellion.

It is not in my nature to judge or criticize but I must warn my neighbor. I feel sad, I must say. I came ten thousand miles to find the Gospel which was given to you from the crib and you have reject it. I wonder.

Family baptized when I was 7 1/2, served a mission, no longer LDS, but I know the Book of Mormon is true.

That is quite interesting. It points, perhaps, to your desire to live your life unencumbered by the Gospel. I would caution you because it seems like a dangerous strategy my brother. Acknowledgment of the truth but failing to act on it can be interpreted as rebellion.

It is not in my nature to judge or criticize but I must warn my neighbor. I feel sad, I must say. I came ten thousand miles to find the Gospel which was given to you from the crib and you have reject it. I wonder.

"Unencumbered by the gospel"?? Have you been reading my other posts? I'm more strict in my observance of YHWH's laws then I was when I was LDS. BTW, you don't have to be LDS to believe in the Book of Mormon, take for example...

http://www.churchofchrist-tl.org (in the process of updating their homepage)

The Church of Jesus Christ

CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST RESTORED 1830

The Church of Christ - "The Church with the Elijah Message"

Zion Heritage International

etc...etc...etc...

Hi Combi! I, too, was born a member and have since converted! I'm very interested in your name...what does it mean? I once saw a band called combichrist army and have wondered since then what it meant! please enlighten me!

Hey Siouxz,

What do you mean by "born in" but recently converted? Converted to what?