Jeopardy Max

Should you be allowed to win more than 5 times in jeopardy.  

1. 1. Should you be allowed to win more than 5 times in jeopardy.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Tr2@Jul 15 2004, 01:58 PM

that is typical of any group. we tend to support those with whom we identify.

No it isn't. Do you see the White Sepremists cheering for him? Whenever a black person does well do you see a rising of the NAACP? The only reason most people on this board care anything about this guy is because he is mormon and this looks good for your church. I'm not stupid, please don't pretend I am.
I'm not saying you're stupid, but your example was quite an extreme one. Aren't you in the military? For example, lets say you're in the Marines. If you were watching Jeopardy and the three people playing were: a housewife, a businessman, and a Marine, who would you vote for? I think this is the point srm was trying to make.

Originally posted by porterrockwell@Jul 15 2004, 03:51 PM

I think God is playing Jeopordy through him(hahahahahahahahah....I am so Joking and trust me, my lightning rod is up). That's it, that's how we can settle the truth of Religion, a Jeopordy Showdown between Pres. Hinckley, whatever old fogy they have in as pope now, and the schlepp that is running the circus that is CoC(Crock o' Crap). Course, everyone would call Pres. Hinckley a cheater because all the answers would be coming via inspiration from a perfect being. That is the other thing, Jeopordy wouldn't be that fun beyond the vail. EVERYONE KNOWS THE FREAKIN ANSWERS!!! Keep on truckin Ken, and yes I am all for this guy never losing BECAUSE he is mormon and he has whooped some Catholic *** while he has been on there. If the producers of Jeopordy want to see Ken get beat, bring a Jew on.

You know, with an attitude like that, I'm sure everyone is jumping at the bit to be your best friend! That's a great post!

Originally posted by shanstress70+Jul 16 2004, 04:16 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shanstress70 @ Jul 16 2004, 04:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Tr2@Jul 15 2004, 01:58 PM

No it isn't. Do you see the White Sepremists cheering for him? Whenever a black person does well do you see a rising of the NAACP? The only reason most people on this board care anything about this guy is because he is mormon and this looks good for your church. I'm not stupid, please don't pretend I am.

I'm not saying you're stupid, but your example was quite an extreme one. Aren't you in the military? For example, lets say you're in the Marines. If you were watching Jeopardy and the three people playing were: a housewife, a businessman, and a Marine, who would you vote for? I think this is the point srm was trying to make.

exaca-ta-cally. I think that trident knows this but wants to take a dig at Mormons.

Originally posted by shanstress70+Jul 16 2004, 04:24 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shanstress70 @ Jul 16 2004, 04:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--porterrockwell@Jul 15 2004, 03:51 PM

I think God is playing Jeopordy through him(hahahahahahahahah....I am so Joking and trust me, my lightning rod is up).  That's it, that's how we can settle the truth of Religion, a Jeopordy Showdown between Pres. Hinckley, whatever old fogy they have in as pope now, and the schlepp that is running the circus that is CoC(Crock o' Crap).  Course, everyone would call Pres. Hinckley a cheater because all the answers would be coming via inspiration from a perfect being.  That is the other thing, Jeopordy wouldn't be that fun beyond the vail.  EVERYONE KNOWS THE FREAKIN ANSWERS!!!  Keep on truckin Ken, and yes I am all for this guy never losing BECAUSE he is mormon and he has whooped some Catholic *** while he has been on there.  If the producers of Jeopordy want to see Ken get beat, bring a Jew on.

You know, with an attitude like that, I'm sure everyone is jumping at the bit to be your best friend! That's a great post!

I also noticed the rudeness of porter's post. I even notified the mods because of certain offensive statements, IMO. I wonder if he's been sent to the corner yet.

I wonder also, if that's why porter's not been sent on a mission yet. His leaders see his bad attitude towards others not of his faith. Not the best quality for a missionary.

M.

Originally posted by Maureen@Jul 16 2004, 11:31 AM

I wonder also, if that's why porter's not been sent on a mission yet. His leaders see his bad attitude towards others not of his faith. Not the best quality for a missionary.

While I don't neccessarily agree w/ porter's post..I think yours is a bit judgemental...unless porter has come on here and explained his innermost personal life regarding going on a mission, it's not our place to say why he's not on a mission...i have a very good friend who is extremely active in the church, married in the temple...who felt that a mission was not right for him....he never felt good about pursuing it and knew that he would not make a good missionary because he lacked the desire to go...but he sure did have LOTS of people wondering WHY he hadn't been sent on one yet...lots of people insisted he was living imorally or that he was gay (wasn't dating much at the time)...there had to be a BAD REASON for him not to go, when simply it was the fact that he wasn' ready....

and TR2..i thought you were a grownup..using WTF on a LDS board is just a bit sophomoric...

Originally posted by Faerie+Jul 16 2004, 09:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Faerie @ Jul 16 2004, 09:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Maureen@Jul 16 2004, 11:31 AM

While I don't neccessarily agree w/ porter's post..I think yours is a bit judgemental...unless porter has come on here and explained his innermost personal life regarding going on a mission, it's not our place to say why he's not on a mission...

porter has informed us before regarding his mission desires, and his non-mission situation at the present. I think I'm anaylizing his situation through biology. You know that the head bone is connected to the foot bone. Well I think that applies to porter's situation. Maybe his health issues are a direct result of his bad attitude; I can only speculate.

M.

Originally posted by Tr2@Jul 15 2004, 11:58 AM

So for Mormons to support a Mormon isn't "supporting with whom we identify?" :lol:

You aren't the sharpest marble in the bag are you Tr2?

And yes I think you are a little stupid....or you'd be the one kicking some a** on the show! :P

Have a sun shine day. ;)

Well, that post was a COMPLETE joke for one, not serious at all. I just get a kick out of the fact there have been a few catholic guys on and 2 have been in the middle(that is the kiss of death as of late to be in the middle...statistically speaking). The part about the Jew stems from Quiz Show and actual events and if you look up the history of game shows...well you get my drift. Had I known that most would take offense I would not have posted.

Now, as far as the mission goes, this you do know nothing about. I was called to go on mission to OHIO-Cincy. I was, however, sent home because of Chronic Anxiety(from the MTC, I had a week). While in the MTC, my teachers got a tad bit frustrated because in reality, there wasn't much that they could teach me and I have been endowed(along with my whole bloodline) with the ability of teaching with the spirit and extensive knowledge, and the ability to asimilate knowledge(but not the ability to spell aparentlly)Basically, after a few days I was ready to get out in the field, plus, when I got home, my stake president agreed, that and one of my roomates told me one night, "I can't believe the thought of getting out there doesn't scare you to some degree". You can judge my character all you want from that post, but how about you take a look at others I have, not many 20 year-olds read 20 pages in the BOM a day and knock out 2 doctrinal books a week. So if you wanna question my spiritual ability, go ahead(and I don't think I know everything, so don't make that judgement either), but I can garauntee I will shoot that ignorant conclusion down faster than Porter Rockwell can draw his 1851 Colt Navy Revolver(which was pretty fast).

Originally posted by Maureen+Jul 16 2004, 11:15 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maureen @ Jul 16 2004, 11:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Faerie@Jul 16 2004, 09:44 AM

<!--QuoteBegin--Maureen@Jul 16 2004, 11:31 AM

While I don't neccessarily agree w/ porter's post..I think yours is a bit judgemental...unless porter has come on here and explained his innermost personal life regarding going on a mission, it's not our place to say why he's not on a mission...

porter has informed us before regarding his mission desires, and his non-mission situation at the present. I think I'm anaylizing his situation through biology. You know that the head bone is connected to the foot bone. Well I think that applies to porter's situation. Maybe his health issues are a direct result of his bad attitude; I can only speculate.

M.

Or maybe they are complete hereditary (which they are). You have got to be kidding me. I actually told the MTC Presidency that they couldn't send me home and that I was going regardless and they still sent me home. So anyway.

Originally posted by porterrockwell@Jul 16 2004, 02:45 PM

Or maybe they are complete hereditary you moron(which they are). You have got to be kidding me. I actually told the MTC Presidency that they couldn't send me home and that I was going regardless and they still sent me home. So anyway.

So you actually believe porter that your attitude (whether it's cockiness, arrogance or rudeness) has no effect on your physical or mental health. It appears the MTC sees it differently.

M.

Actually in the MTC I was spiritual, and only spoke when I was speaking doctrinally. The teachers wouldn't let me answers questions anymore or expound because noone else would speak up. My "attitude" was to be in the MTC for those who the Lord would touch through me. My conditions are CHEMICAL IMBALANCES, which, no matter how hard I try, do not change without medication. That's like telling a diabetic, that his attitude and not the lack of insulin is the reason he is suffering. I wasn't there for me, I saw what happened for guys who didn't have there heart in it, or were there for them.

Something I never realized, was that my patriarchal blessing foretold it, I just never read my mission paragraph that in depth until after I got home. But now I am helping build a struggling branch so that in itself is missionary work, and I have been teaching and giving sacrament talks every other week. So my attitude has been very good. That and I went from getting my first mission bulletin and letter from my mission president to going home within a span of two hours.

Plus, my parents nor my stake president were ever called until I was just about to leave the MTC. Which my stake president was not happy about either. So my overal ATTITUDE was pretty damn good considering the circumstances. And most guys I know would have stopped caring and been casual Mormons from there on out. And do ya' know who just happen to be preying on all the mixed emotion.....hmmm...I wonder...so being home in itself was another battle. But as the song goes "Put your shoulder to the wheel". So I did, and now, I am apart of a truly inspirational situation that would build an atheists testimony in God.

In the end if you want to further your "banter" on the topic go ahead, but I'll go twelve rounds with anybody, and I'm not somebody who hits the canvas. Later.

Originally posted by Maureen+Jul 16 2004, 07:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maureen @ Jul 16 2004, 07:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--porterrockwell@Jul 16 2004, 02:45 PM

Or maybe they are complete hereditary you moron(which they are).  You have got to be kidding me.  I actually told the MTC Presidency that they couldn't send me home and that I was going regardless and they still sent me home.  So anyway.

So you actually believe porter that your attitude (whether it's cockiness, arrogance or rudeness) has no effect on your physical or mental health. It appears the MTC sees it differently.

M.

aren't you being just a bit cold-hearted maureen?

Originally posted by Faerie+Jul 16 2004, 08:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Faerie @ Jul 16 2004, 08:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Maureen@Jul 16 2004, 07:31 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--porterrockwell@Jul 16 2004, 02:45 PM

Or maybe they are complete hereditary you moron(which they are).  You have got to be kidding me.  I actually told the MTC Presidency that they couldn't send me home and that I was going regardless and they still sent me home.  So anyway.

M.

aren't you being just a bit cold-hearted maureen?

Faerie, in all fairness to Maureen, PR is an easy person to be cold-hearted to. I am trying to ignore a lot of stuff, but he is so cocky and arrogant!

PR, if you take it down a notch and find a bit of humility, you will be seen in a lot better light. No one likes someone who brags all the time.

edited for language

So for Mormons to support a Mormon isn't "supporting with whom we identify?"

Ok, I will remember those words the next time a mormon does something to shame your church, rather than draw positive attention to it. We'll see if you support your fellow mormons then. I won't hold my breath because your church isn't known for supporting its members who are down and out.

Originally posted by Tr2@Jul 17 2004, 08:41 AM

Ok, I will remember those words the next time a mormon does something to shame your church, rather than draw positive attention to it. We'll see if you support your fellow mormons then. I won't hold my breath because your church isn't known for supporting its members who are down and out.
That's just it trident. We do identify with such people too. We are sometimes embarrased and ashamed when it was a member that commited some crime simply because the person was a member. I had a couple of good friend in High School that were Italian. One got jumped after a basketball game. Later my other italian Friend was 'disappointed' because there were only two people that jumped my 1st friend (and he lost)...after all, he said, he shoulda' beat them both 'cuz he is an italian. We are interested in the people with whom we identify. The other part of your post is specious and designed to stir up trouble...I'll pass.

Originally posted by Tr2@Jul 17 2004, 08:41 AM

I can safely and honestly say that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. No clue whatsoever.

Just a few weeks ago, a down and out member, he said he was a member but who knows, called the Bishop on a Thursday night and says he needs to move immediately and has no way to do it; could the Bishop help. The man was unknown to any of us.

The next day, on a workday, Friday, a half dozen of us take unpaid time off of work, show up at his apartment and move him out, hook, line and sinker. If he was ever Mormon, it had been a good long time since he had ever lived a noticable gospel principle, in fact just the opposite but it didn't matter to us. He and his girlfriend where unable to do any physical labor so we did the whole thing for him. He offered money. It was declined.

There were another group of Mormons who didn't know the guy and would likely never see him again waiting at his new residence ready to unload his rental truck and move him in. One phone call is all it takes. We do it and more regularly.

That kind of stuff and more happens ALL THE TIME.

You speak from ignorance.