Prophets are warning the World!!!!!

Mullenite

Prophets are warning the World!

Gordon B. Hinckley Warns America, Prays for Her

Some of the prophets don't come out and speak plainly, even Jesus.... He spoke in a way that only those who were paying attention would understand... President Hinckley has done his fair share of warning us about are time. Just two years ago he counseled us to read the Book of Mormon in 6 months.. and in the same talk he told us that the Book of Mormon is more current than today's newspaper, and that it tells of two civilizations "Each began as a small nation, its people walking in the fear of the Lord. But with prosperity came growing evils. The people succumbed to the wiles of ambitious and scheming leaders who oppressed them with burdensome taxes, who lulled them with hollow promises, who countenanced and even encouraged loose and lascivious living. These evil schemers led the people into terrible wars that resulted in the death of millions and the final and total extinction of two great civilizations in two different eras."

Some of the prophets don't come out and speak plainly, even Jesus.... He spoke in a way that only those who were paying attention would understand... President Hinckley has done his fair share of warning us about are time. Just two years ago he counseled us to read the Book of Mormon in 6 months.. and in the same talk he told us that the Book of Mormon is more current than today's newspaper, and that it tells of two civilizations "Each began as a small nation, its people walking in the fear of the Lord. But with prosperity came growing evils. The people succumbed to the wiles of ambitious and scheming leaders who oppressed them with burdensome taxes, who lulled them with hollow promises, who countenanced and even encouraged loose and lascivious living. These evil schemers led the people into terrible wars that resulted in the death of millions and the final and total extinction of two great civilizations in two different eras."

One of these days this stuff is going to be the real and final thing.:)

Supposedly in 2012 there will be a major shift in the Earth's axis that will cause widespread devastation. The latest theory that I saw on the Discovery Channel, was that if we place the "Crystal Skulls" at certain points around the Globe, this tragedy will be averted.

Anyone hear of "The Crystal Skulls" lately??HMMMMM???

2012? Oh great. My discover card expiration date is 2011. That means I'll have to go through the pain of updating all the accounts linked to it for automatic payment one more dang time.

Are we sure the Mayans didn't really mean 05/2011? That really would simplify my life a bunch...

LM

Anyone is that is infused or enriched with further Light and Truth [from the Godhead] will do the same [not speaking plainly]; seeing the world have not received it.

2012? Oh great. My discover card expiration date is 2011. That means I'll have to go through the pain of updating all the accounts linked to it for automatic payment one more dang time.

Are we sure the Mayans didn't really mean 05/2011? That really would simplify my life a bunch...

LM

you think you got a problem buddy... I bought my watch with a "guaranteed" 5 year battery in it... I bet you dollars to donuts that it will quit working 6 months before the millennium and I will not be able to find a replacement because the economy will have tanked already and I will have to go through the eternities with a dead watch. Frackdoodle!!!!

:pcguru:

Grant

Guest HEthePrimate

"Each began as a small nation, its people walking in the fear of the Lord. But with prosperity came growing evils. The people succumbed to the wiles of ambitious and scheming leaders who oppressed them with burdensome taxes, who lulled them with hollow promises, who countenanced and even encouraged loose and lascivious living. These evil schemers led the people into terrible wars that resulted in the death of millions and the final and total extinction of two great civilizations in two different eras."

It seems a little too easy to me to point the finger at the government and wring our hands over the plight of the "poor, innocent, helpless, unsuspecting" American people who are being oppressed by their leaders. The way I look at it is Americans get the government they elect. I'm more concerned about the morals (or lack thereof) of the American people themselves.

The Book of Mormon's warning about prosperity has less to do with succumbing "to the wiles of ambitious and scheming leaders" than it does with the people themselves becoming greedy, proud, and idolatrous.

Americans don't want to pay taxes, but they do want the benefits of paying taxes, so despite their continual griping about taxes, they reelect the leaders who tax them.

Americans complain about the war, too. Granted that some of us didn't want the war in Iraq in the first place, the majority of Americans did. In the wake of 9/11, people were itching for a fight, and it didn't really matter who we went to war with, even such an illogical choice as Iraq (remember, the 9/11 terrorists were not from Iraq, and the Iraqi government was not connected to them). The people wanted a war and they got it.

Leaders, of course, do have plenty of influence. Even after the majority of Americans turned against the war, our leaders insisted on continuing the war, and a certain unnamed candidate for the presidency seems to have no problem carrying on with it.

We need to pressure the government to do the right thing, to be sure, but Reagan's saying that "government is the problem" is a load of hooey. Try anarchy for a few years, and we'll be desperate to reinstate government!

HEP