Passage to Zarahemla

dvdreviewergal

Passage To Zarahemla

Passage to Zarahemla is a full length movie rated PG-13. The movie was full of adventure, and I'd suspect those of you who like Indiana Jones-type movies would enjoy this movie as well. The movie may take you back to your childhood when all the neighborhood kids would play cowboys and Indians. The director and producer did a great job, and the actors as well. I found the movie to be surprisingly believable... I caught our son pretending (??? lets hope!) to have found a passageway in our backyard which is heavily wooded.

The movie is about orphans on the run--Kerra and Brock McConnell--who seek help from LDS relatives in the small town of Leeds, Utah. Join Kerra as she discovers mind-bending mysteries in the nearby woods where a passageway exists to the jungled world of the Book of Mormon in 19 AD.

I personally enjoyed it. I laughed at some cheese, but I expect it from this type of story. I suspect it reads much better in the book, but it was certainly entertaining. My son loves it and he's 20! He's seen it about five or six times in less than a week, but probably because he relates more to the bad guys and I'm sure he's enamored with the main character. :animatedlol:

Chris Heimerdinger tapped into a gold mine, for sure. If you like fantasy, then you'll enjoy it too.

I would like to see this one!

It's difficult to get LDS films here in the UK. We have to go to the LDS book store to buy them (which is far away) and they don't always have a big selection and they are quite expensive too... Or we have to buy them online which is expensive too as they are all usually shipped from the US... ughh... There are so many LDS films that I wanna see!

:)

Can I find it on the Deseret...uh going to check right away... I been looking at the books formy kids..even better as a film! It is so great theya remaking theseon film... I wonder WHEN is the great and tereible coming??

Heh it was there and I bought it... funny thing is IF I had ordered fast delivery the dilivery ahd been 10$more than the DVD... the next was 6$less than the book and I to the snail mail...6-16 weeks with haf the books price...but atleastit is on its way soon... I may even have it in Autum if I am lucky... I wish atleast Sweden had Deseret book store..or Finlandor even Norway!

Edited by Maya

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not one who usually digs "church movies" (Saints at War [or was that Saints and Soldiers? kind of like Saving Private Ryan] and The Singles Ward being an exception...), but I really liked Passage to Zarahemla. I got it for the kids and think I liked it better than they did.

Jon

Edited by Over43

My wife liked it, and has re-watched it a couple times now. I've also watched it and enjoyed it ... after a bit. Didn't care for it at first. Kinda grew on me.

I'll give it an "OK" ... which means it's a lot better than a fair portion of the current LDS themed movies out there.

My wife liked it, and has re-watched it a couple times now. I've also watched it and enjoyed it ... after a bit. Didn't care for it at first. Kinda grew on me.

I'll give it an "OK" ... which means it's a lot better than a fair portion of the current LDS themed movies out there.

I had this experience with Napolean Dynamite. First time I watched I thought "What the???", but by the third time I was laughing till I cried at some parts.

My kids hadn't seen dad laugh that hard in years.

Jon

Edited by Over43

Umm..... the Book on CD is really good. The movie is not really B, more like C. Very low budget. The villians are way to "clean". Not very believable. Audiences of 6-12 years of age would enjoy. Probably as bad or as good, depending on your perspective as the Book of Mormon Story.

I've read all of the Tennis Shoes series by Chris, so I was really excited when Passage to Zarahemla came out. I haven' been able to see it yet since it takes a couple hours just to reach a theatre where I live, but I will some time! I loved the book, even though the gangsters did seem a little lax. Thankfully Heimerdinger didn't include all the profanity that comes with those types of people.

I love the actress too! I believe she's non Mormon. Or was non Mormon. She narrates for Stephanie in Kingdoms and Conquerors, and I love it!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I don't like to be the Simon of movies but I thought the movie was a 4 at best. The storyline was ok but the acting was some of the worse I have seen. It was somewhat funny when he Lamenites went into the burger place. If they do another one I think they need better actors and director. Just my opinion.