Time to Drill?

Guest Username-Removed

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again I think the Telestial residence will be upset. LOL

From our buddy who doesn't get it:

Former Vice President Al Gore is warning you and every other American we must drastically change our lifestyles and reduce our energy consumption. But Gore continues to fly private jets wasting thousands of gallons of carbon fuels — and a recent study of his home energy use found that Gore’s Tennessee home burned through 213,210 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity, enough to power 232 average American households for a month.

I note that it's been two weeks since this string started. Please tell me the drilling has begun! As for developing "better fuels," it will happen when oil gets to expensive. Let that invisible hand that Adam Smith spoke of do its work. My guess is that within a generation or so, the 2nd Coming will have come, or the Middle East will be awash in "old fuel."

Guest Username-Removed

Prison,

It looks like in North Dakota the drilling has really stepped up. The nice thing there is that there was already drilling going on, but now is increased. So, there you go!

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Ok - time to bump this thread. Pres. Bush has removed the executive order on offshore drilling, and is calling on congress to lift their ban.

I'm sick of hearing the tired old mantra of "This won't help anything for at least five years". Properly translated, it is really saying "I was a jerk five years ago for opposing it then".

The notion that it will not have a significant impact on gas prices is a valid notion. But it's not a reason to ignore our resources.

Drill, people, drill! Yes, continue to invest in alternate technologies. I fully expect to be driving something that doesn't run on gas in my lifetime. Every year that goes by, I get closer to buying a windmill or sticking solar panels on my roof. But dang - we're funding our enemies! The technology isn't here yet, and we fill the coffers of the house of Saud to drive our economy.

The US needs to be energy independent. And if that isn't in the cards, we need to be better at it than we are now.

Drill.

LM

When the Soviet Union fell, and stopped propping up Cuba with gasoline imports and money, can you guess how Cuba kept going? They increased the country's population of draft animals by umpteen tens of thousands. When they didn't have a working tractor, they went back to the horse drawn plow.

(I learned that in a Draft Horse magazine at a friend's house who loves Clydesdales.)

LM

Bush should simply make an executive order to go out and get the supply. No time like now to start, even if it takes 10 years to really have an impact. The order to go get the oil alone would be enough to send prices down down overnight.

Bush finally did and oil drops $9 a barrel!!! Now we need to finish it and get those worthless punks un congress to finish it.

Kudlow's Money Politic$ on National Review Online=

I have contacted a provider who can convert my wife's mini for E-85 fuel since it is half the cost here locally.

Also more good news:

Nearly buried with its author in 1999, the United States Geological Survey (USGS) just released its official 2008 conclusion. Western Standard Energy (WSEG) is sitting on...

"...the largest continuous oil accumulation ever assessed by the agency."

It gets even better, especially when you’re an early investor in Western Standard Energy. Here’s one reason why: The same government report confirms Western Standard Energy’s location also has...

"...6,192 billion (6.19 trillion) cubic feet... undiscovered gas in the North-Central Montana Province."

* Billions of barrels, trillions of cubic feet of highly demanded energy -- RIGHT HERE IN THE USA!

* Western Standard Energy’s tangible assets are just shy of $3 billion, but it’s trading at a no-asset price, as if it was still looking for a place to drill.

* Drilling is underway; results are even better than expected.

* Western Standard Energy’s potential is so huge, jaws dropped when local legislators were told about it just weeks ago.