Introducing Bytor2112

bytor2112

Hello, I have posted a few times and have definitely been blessed by all of the wonderful posts I have read! I am a convert to this wonderful Gospel! I was baptized as a teen but only recently "converted" and became active. Three years and three months ago to be exact. My story goes something like this...... a neighbor stopped by to introduce himself, little did I know that he was a Stake President and I was on his "inactive" list- thank goodness. A week later some missionaries showed up at my door and wanted to practice the discussions on my two sons who were 10 and 11 at the time. My wife and I agreed and we sat in on the discussions and were converted with our children. My life has changed in ways that I could not begin to describe. That SP who stopped by is now one of my closest friends and my Bishop is as well. I often reflect on how men like that could hang out with a man like me. Then I realize that because of the Atonement I am becoming a man like them- or more appropriately like the Saviour. Since that visit, my children have both been baptized and received the Priesthood. I have received both Priesthoods and my wife and children and two sons and I were sealed for time and eternity in the House of the Lord. I also baptized my mom and my grandmother! My grandmother passed away a few weeks later. I love this church, this glorious gospel and the Lord more than my limited vocabulary can describe. I am eternally grateful for the Atonement which has wrought a miracle in my life! Jesus is the Christ and this is his church. The blessings of the gospel are without number. I think President Hinckley said that the " gospel makes bad men good and good men better". I don't think I was a bad man, but I definitely needed to be better. Among the many things I have learned that is so very comforting is that while we tend to see who we were or who we are, the Lord sees who we can become! May we all become like him. God Bless!!!

Then I realize that because of the Atonement I am becoming a man like them- or more appropriately like the Saviour. QUOTE]

That was so well said.I wish everybody would realise that possibility! Thanks for sharing. Wecome, enjoy!