Political Correctness???

Lost_one

What if we just lived by "correctness" alone? What if we, ourselves, chose to act correctly? Do not correct truth and principles come from a higher source? If so then "charity" comes to mind when we speak and address others. There would be no need for "political" correctness.

Now, there is a concept. :)

What if we just lived by "correctness" alone? What if we, ourselves, chose to act correctly? Do not correct truth and principles come from a higher source? If so then "charity" comes to mind when we speak and address others. There would be no need for "political" correctness.

Oh if only we could live like this. That would be such a great place. Lets all build a place like that and move there.

I enjoy LDS PC the best

. For example, when you're talking about someone between sacrement and sunday school and say they're ugly and fat and oozing with zits....and somone asks you to describe that person, or they just come up in the conversation, the Mormon PC thing to say is " Awe isnt she 'such a sweet spirit'".

I enjoy LDS PC the best

. For example, when you're talking about someone between sacrement and sunday school and say they're ugly and fat and oozing with zits....and somone asks you to describe that person, or they just come up in the conversation, the Mormon PC thing to say is " Awe isnt she 'such a sweet spirit'".

Oh my Gosh, Ive heard people use that. :D

I have never heard the term 'criss cross applesauce' - it sounds like total nonsense. I've never heard 'Indian style' either though. We just call it 'cross legged'.

I think political correctness causes more problems than it was ever designed to solve. Yes by all means defend people who are being flat out insulted but people are tending to take offence where none was ever intended. We cannot say 'blackboard' in case it offends black people but we can say 'white board'. Whit on earth should an accurate description of a black chalk borad offend anyone of any race or colour? It's crazy.

We said indian style when I was in school. I always thoight is this how indians really sit. So I guess maybe that phrase may cause trouble when teaching our kids but I never made the connection between african americans and blackboards and I dont think I know any african americans who would either. But then again I didnt know what the cracker comment was about until I was older.

I have never heard the term 'criss cross applesauce' - it sounds like total nonsense. I've never heard 'Indian style' either though. We just call it 'cross legged'.

I think political correctness causes more problems than it was ever designed to solve. Yes by all means defend people who are being flat out insulted but people are tending to take offence where none was ever intended. We cannot say 'blackboard' in case it offends black people but we can say 'white board'. Whit on earth should an accurate description of a black chalk borad offend anyone of any race or colour? It's crazy.

Yeah, One of the ones over here was, manhole covers. It seems, some feminists were offended and wanted to change it to personhole covers. Crazy doesnt begin to cover it.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a XXXX (poo) by the clean end."

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a XXXX (poo) by the clean end."

That was so funny. Unfortunatly, also true. :(

Yeah, One of the ones over here was, manhole covers. It seems, some feminists were offended and wanted to change it to personhole covers. Crazy doesnt begin to cover it.

There are some things that are just stupid! A blackboard is BLACK! It is a color ! Are we to eliminate the word from our language?

Indians DO sit cross legged. It is not a cut-down to use it as a descriptive. (It doesn't offend me, and my ancestry is Cherokee Indian).

I take no offense at the title Mailman. I think changing it to Mailperson OR Mailwoman is just plain ludicrous!

In fact, most political correctness is asinine!!! :twocents::disgust::wacko:

Indians DO sit cross legged. It is not a cut-down to use it as a descriptive. (It doesn't offend me, and my ancestry is Cherokee Indian).

I am not Indian, but I have been known to sit in the lotus position. Most people from India however, sit in chairs. Like you I have taken no offense when people have wanted to to feel my hairline for the telltale horns that we try to keep under wrap. ;)

*gasp* They're called letter carriers!

:lol: Just goes to show you how politically INcorrect I really am, huh? :lol:

Maybe it is just my small southern part of the world (remember, we are backwards and poorly educated) but I have never used, nor heard anyone else use (real-life people, that is... ;)) the term letter carrier or mail carrier.

Nor will Iuse the term. I like mail man.

I had a wonderful mail man in Naples. We had several delightful conversations. She shared my love of dogs.

There will always be something that offends someone. Other than being considerate, polite, loving, caring, respectful of others, I do not believe in changing a language/culture to be politically correct.

***These opinions are mine, and do not reflect the sentiments of any other person or organization.*** ;) :)

Political correctness is a way for a minority of white people to feel guilty about things somebody else did, and then to try and make the rest of us apologize.

So very true. I do feel that some groups in our society need to get over themselves and stop blaming things that happened in the past, for there own failings.

My own country for example, was basically destroyed my the English. The cruelty they inflicted on us, was comparable to anything done to the Jews in WW2 or the African Americans durring slavery. Yet When Americans call us English, we just roll our eyes and calmly tell them we are Scottish. Then we ask them what its like to be Canadian. :P

My point is, i could choose to hate the English for what they did, i could blame them for all the failings in my life and to be honest, some Scots do, But really, what would be the point? The English people who live in England now didnt do all those nasty things, it happened over 200 years ago.

Being Canadian is...nice. Thats what we are...nice. Too nice. Its the snow..lol :P

I agree that people just need to let the past go. I see no difference in anyone. Black, white, brown, pink with purple poka dots. We are all the same. God loves each and every one of us. Thats what matters. I sit Indian style because thats how i was taught. I will never sing Oh Canada without singing "God keep our land Glorious and free" in it.

By the way the term PC should be changed because it may offend the politicians...but they wish to be called Government People. LOL:P