Famous Mormons

breeb

Just a fun little question. I had a discussion with a friend from Arizona (he just moved to Utah, yes I'm a Utah Mormon ahhhhhhhh!:eek:) about famous mormons. He said his dad did some construction work on Harrison Ford's house and he had "evidence" of being LDS. I have a hard time believing he is LDS. I've searched the web and can't find anything. Does anyone know if he is or had any ties to the church, and who else in Hollywood is LDS?

Some of the obvious are; Gladis Knight, Gordon Jump, and Jon Heder.

One that is not so obvious is Roseanne.

Steve Martin and Bill Murray are some others that have been rumored to be LDS.

This is a subject that is always fun for me. Its one of my favorite running jokes through out the singles ward movies.

Have fun!

Haha... In The Single's Ward I love how the big argument is about the creator of Battlestar Galactica (the original.) One guy swears he's not Mormon.

He totally is.

Edit: Roseanne is not LDS. Her parents were Jews, but she lived in SLC, which gave her exposure to LDS teachings.

Edited by VisionOfLehi

I've been to that famous mormons website. I was just wondering about anyone not on their list. Like Bill Murray? I'm pretty sure he's not. In fact I dare say I'm possitive he's not. I think the rumor about him came from owning a minor league baseball team here in Utah. He used to own the Trappers.

As for Roseanne, what I read was that one parent is Jewish the other is LDS. She was raised in an LDS family, which she is very outspoke against, but has chosen the Jewish side over the LDS side. Which is exactly the reason I asked. I love to hear all the different versions. Obviously we won't ever know for sure unless we hear it from their own mouths, but its always fun to hear the different variations to the rumor.

Edward Scissorhands, Eddie Murphy, Murphy Brown, Elsie the Borden's Cow, Captain Kangaroo, Jim Nabors, PeeWee Herman, Marcie D'Arcy, Phinneas Fogg, Alex Trebeck, Alexander the Great, Martin Short, Art Garfunkel, Pliny the Younger, Sir Walter Raleigh, Jack the Ripper, Mycroft Holmes, Fredrick Barbarosa, Vlad Dracul, and Samantha Stevens.

Snoop Dogg is Mormon now

Rapper Snoop Dogg converts to Mormonism - Hilarious Koritz Report

Really it was one of the best April Fools Jokes I had seen. (I don't know if the picture is real, but thats what makes you believe)

Wanna hear something weird? A couple of years ago I had a dream that Snoop came to visit me, we were buddies and all, and he was talking about how cool us Mormons were and how he loved Utah. A very strange but entertaining dream. Not being sarcastic at all - I actually had this dream! Funny link, it reminded me of the dream:lol:.

Dangerous Dan McGee, Dudley Do-Right, Dick Cheney, Sarah Jessica Parker, Muffin Man, Errol Flynn, Queen Victoria, Hercule Poirot, Ghegis Khan, Liv Tyler, Mad King George, Benjamin Rush, Polly Wolly Doodle, Molly Shannon, Prince Andrew Windsor, Archy Bunker, Regis Philbin, Uther Pendragon and Donny Osmond.