No singles at my church

morningflower

Hello!! when I go to church every sunday all couples seem to be so happy with their daughters and sons on the side " I guess I am the only one my age to be single" it makes you think that finding your soulmate you could be as happy as them. but if in my church there is no singles well let me refresh that I mean singles my age because we do have singles but "only elders and kids " ^_^ don't want to be dreaming on finding mi soul mate I would like to be a reality......

I know how you feel I live in a college town. Most of the singles are under 30 and there is only 3 others over 30 under 50 singles in my ward. I have come to teerms when the time is right I will meet the right person in the mean time this is a great time for me to better myself and try to serve others.

I've just been called as the ward Single Adult Rep, for those SAs aged 31+. I did a quick ring around the other night, to introduce myself to some on the list I was given, and found that most of our ward's single adults are aged 50/60+, the eldest ones are in their 80's!

I'm composing a letter and questionnaire to send to those on the list, asking what activities they'd like to take part in, frequency, best day of week and time of day, whether they have transport to offer lifts to others and such, now I just have to think up some initial activities to get the ball rolling...

We also have a larger female to male ratio which makes it difficult for those members looking for lurve..lol, I wonder if I contacted the SA reps from other wards within our stake, I could try to arrange some joint ward activities, so we get to meet others nearby?

Anyone got any good ideas? :)

I know how you feel I live in a college town. Most of the singles are under 30 and there is only 3 others over 30 under 50 singles in my ward. I have come to teerms when the time is right I will meet the right person in the mean time this is a great time for me to better myself and try to serve others.

I echo your feelings... I live in a big town, but such a transient ward, and many, many people are inactive around my age group (30+) as well,... so... I know I have the responsibility to keep searching and looking, but I know when the time is right, and I meet the right person.... then...

Look for stake activites as well as Moksha suggested; it might give you a few more options. ;)

This month's SA Stake Fireside has just been cancelled, apparently they are reorganisingthe SA Committee for our Stake, so I haven't yet been given the name/contact details for the Stake SA Rep..

I've got the letter and questionnaire ready to print, and a little poster advertising the SA programme in the ward, just to make people prick their ears up and get involved, there's also a joint Stake event taking place in September, which sounds really interesting, I'd like to attend it myself, with others, the only problem is that it has room for only 10 people from each Stake attending, on a first come, first served basis so could be a struggle getting a place on it..I live in hope..

• 3 months later...

Hello!! when I go to church every sunday all couples seem to be so happy with their daughters and sons on the side " I guess I am the only one my age to be single" it makes you think that finding your soulmate you could be as happy as them. but if in my church there is no singles well let me refresh that I mean singles my age because we do have singles but "only elders and kids " ^_^ don't want to be dreaming on finding mi soul mate I would like to be a reality......

I've never dated a Mormon chick, never, I did like one very much last year. She was a sweetheart but I was still obsessed, though I thought that I was in love with my ex. Never knew if that LDS chick liked me.

Just go out and meet people, it is hard but it's worth it. Most girls are looking for a relationship just can't find the right guy. I'm different because I don't drink like the others.

They also tell me that I'm sensitive which I don't like to be told that.....for personal reasons but, just go out to a nightclub and meet someone.

That's yet, another reason I don't like going to my "family" ward.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I know what you mean. We have about 5-8 singles (not counting the Elders, because they don't attend any singles activities) in the ward here in Dubuque. Two are guys. And one is dating (seriously) another YSA girl. The only other guy is about to leave YSA because of his age. How am I supposed to find dates when we have no single men at Church and the boys here at my university don't hold many, if any, of our morals?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I know what you mean. We have about 5-8 singles (not counting the Elders, because they don't attend any singles activities) in the ward here in Dubuque. Two are guys. And one is dating (seriously) another YSA girl. The only other guy is about to leave YSA because of his age. How am I supposed to find dates when we have no single men at Church and the boys here at my university don't hold many, if any, of our morals?

Do you ever consider driving an hour or an hour and a half to nearby YSA Wards, to meet other guys outside of your stake? Madison WI, Iowa City, IA and Rockford, IL all have YSA Wards and activities. Plus all these areas have facebook groups and email lists to keep you informed on activities.

Since you chose to attend a school with few LDS guys around, and if you really want to date, it's up to you to make the effort and visit other areas.

• 2 months later...

there not many single in my stake let alone my ward so I know that feeling. Sometimes its a bummer cause it'd be so nice to get to actually get to really socialize and date fellow members but I refuse to let that hold me back especially after what president monson said at general conference about how the statistics for singles who go in-active. I will not be apart of that statistic!!!

Faith + Prayer = Miracles

I had to remember this equation when I was dating. Sometimes it felt like I needed a miracle to find the right girl for me. I have a strong testimony on faith and prayer.

What is funny about dating is, that even in the middle of Salt Lake City you can feel like there is no one to date. It seems like most married members say that singles are too picky, but doesn't a single member have the right to marry someone he/she loves and not just the next single guy/girl?

Some people get married right out of high school, others don't. It shouldn't matter when we get married as long as we get married for the right reason and not because of peer pressure.

I had some luck dating people on singles websites. I didn't find my wife there but it kept me in the dating game. They are a nice resource to meet people that you could become attracted to. I am just starting my singles website because I want to help people become married, because I didn't like being a lone.

Hope this helps a little!

Tim (ldssinglepeople)

LDS Single People