Memories of Summer 2008

Do I need to remind everyone that Summer is not over until September?

Actually I hope it end quickly. Sunshine gives me a headache and high temps make me dizzy.

I love rain...

Finally! Someone who hates summer like I do. All I ever hear is how great the weather is, can't wait to get out and play, etc. And I just feel sick sick sick sick sick. I have always been extremely heat intolerant, even as a child.

I would be happy if it rained every day. If I were able, I would move to Seattle in a heartbeat!

Elphie

This summer was our first in our new house. We had a BBQ here. We are growing our first garden, which is growing fast. We had family over for my daughters graduation. ...and I am finishing my last 3 classes for college. I'm 41 and feel 25 somedays thanks to college, and feel 50 on some others. (there are some smart kids in my classes!!!). I also will be taking my business from part time (no time with some classes) to full time. It has been an exciting summer for us. Even as the economy struggles, there are glimmers of hope.

Rich

I had an adventure, to say the least.

A "moment" in my life that will affect the rest of my life.

I've so much to learn from this spring summer, I don't even know where to start to remark.

Despite the foulness I've experienced, I will have knowledge of it. I will be able to arm myself against it next time.

My dad said not to consider it a failure. Had a lot of things going against me right now, and not just me personally (economy, timing, etc.) He said I was incredibly brave for coming out here at all, and that he probably couldn't have done it.

So, I'll have that, too.

This is my first summer not being in school. So I have loved the fact that I'm not pulling 14 hour days 6 days a week to try a finish my thesis.

Then there was the Daddy-daughter campout (on which I didn't take my daughter) where I cooked chicken enchiladas for the group and mixed berry cobbler. mmmmmmmmmm

• 2 weeks later...

All that way back to January? Let me see if I can remember .... a time when tomatoes were too expensive to buy...when petrol and interest rates were less talked about.

AND THEN IT RAINED...glorious, glorious rain...feet up on the patio watching rain. Laughing at kids with mud on their feet...who had no idea how to avoid it or get it off their shoes...and no one complaining about mud on the carpet. Clicking in online to watch the damlevels go down. And how exciting...mowing the lawn again.

All that way back to January? Let me see if I can remember .... a time when tomatoes were too expensive to buy...when petrol and interest rates were less talked about.

AND THEN IT RAINED...glorious, glorious rain...feet up on the patio watching rain. Laughing at kids with mud on their feet...who had no idea how to avoid it or get it off their shoes...and no one complaining about mud on the carpet. Clicking in online to watch the damlevels go down. And how exciting...mowing the lawn again.

mowing the lawn....I think it should be an Olympic sport.....:D:D

• 3 weeks later...

Here is something else I can share with you that I learned to love this summer...

Nutella Usage

Okay I need to warn you now that I have promoted this... it is addicting so stay away. I didn't know this before.... really I didn't:D

I also discovered that otterpops are my most un-favorite desert of all time and that my children apparently don't know where the garbage can is. (I say that after cleaning up those sticky plastic wrappers all over my yard, garage and house for the last five days!)

Me too. Its my 34 year old child that leaves them laying around. You'd think the man of the house would know better.:rolleyes:

The one thing I learned this summer is that I like to fish. My husband and I went to Alaska to do some halibut and salmon fishing. I don't like fish, won't eat it. So I didn't think I would like to fish but I was proved wrong. I enjoyed the thrill and the work bring a fish in. I liked it so much that we are going back next June to go King Salmon fishing. Now if I could learn to like eating fish.

The one thing I learned this summer is that I like to fish. My husband and I went to Alaska to do some halibut and salmon fishing. I don't like fish, won't eat it. So I didn't think I would like to fish but I was proved wrong. I enjoyed the thrill and the work bring a fish in. I liked it so much that we are going back next June to go King Salmon fishing. Now if I could learn to like eating fish.

cintiejo, my husband is not a fish eater either; he has, however, learned to like it with sauces over it. The various sauces hide enough of the "fishy" taste, that he actually likes eating fish now. ;)