Specific Stake Counsel

MorningStar

What are some specific things you've heard in your Stake Conferences? Our SP mentioned World of Warcraft by name and said it has become a huge problem in our stake between spouses neglecting each other and inappropriate conversations taking place. He also mentioned how we are addicted to technology and maybe it would be a good idea to do a three day technology fast.

I know we were counseled that flip flops were not Sunday appropriate, but I had not heard anything about jean skirts.

Me too. I heard about flip flops but not jean skirts. My daughter would have to buy a new Sunday wardrobe as that's pretty much all she wears as far as dresses. But she does it in a very flattering way. And the last ward I was in...the Bishop's wife wore a jean skirt quite often.

Me too. I heard about flip flops but not jean skirts. My daughter would have to buy a new Sunday wardrobe as that's pretty much all she wears as far as dresses. But she does it in a very flattering way. And the last ward I was in...the Bishop's wife wore a jean skirt quite often.

I think the whole denim skirt thing can be solved by how you wear it. It can look casual and sloppy or it can look tailored and classy.

Not sure I understand. Promoting personal preferences?

Ben Raines

For instance, if you find denim skirts not up to your personal sense of what is proper decorum, is it okay to tell others not to wear them to Church. Additionally, is it proper to invoke godly authority in enforcing personal preferences?

I think the whole denim skirt thing can be solved by how you wear it. It can look casual and sloppy or it can look tailored and classy.

Exactly! And there are denim skirts that are prettily emboidered, so they are dressy. I only have a couple, and do not wear them often, but I would not like not wearing them.

Our SP invited, and I emphasize the word "invited", the stake to give up caffeine completely. He said that it interfered with the Spirits influence and if we would observe that, he promised us that we would feel the Spirit's influence more clearly in our lives. And you know what? I felt the spirit that day. I knew what he was saying was a good thing.

a Friend's Step Daughter Was Visiting For The Summer... She Freaked Because All Her Daughter Brought Was Jean Skirts, So She Had Her Daughter Come To My House To Find Something To Wear. This Was Probably Not Very Nice...i Sent Her Back With More Jean Skirts. :)

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest bren1975

Is it just me?...Or is it a little hard to pay attention when the stake council members talk in sacrament meetings?

...just curious!

It depends. Some of ours are very good speakers. Some are dry.

The best talk I remember in Stake Conf. was about unrighteous dominion. We all needed to hear it.